Risk Modeling Analyst Latin America/Trident US FL - Miami/en-US/Argo/job/US-FL---Miami/Risk-Modeling-Analyst---Latin-America-Trident_R0002394/apply
Risk Modeling Analyst Latin America/Trident
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a Risk Modeling Analyst located in our Miami, FL office.
This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment in the Risk Analytics Department. The role uses cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment while striving at all times to develop solutions and present ideas that align with our clients' core philosophy of profitable growth. You will work together with the team to assist in pricing, portfolio management and reinsurance decision making. The Modeling Analyst will also participate in the development of models and techniques to facilitate the forecasting of key elements of Argos portfolio while utilizing database analytics.
What does a Risk Modeling Analysts day to day duties look like:
- Serve as key point of reference for Cat Modeling/Management for Latin America and Trident Portfolios
- Provide Business Units with actionable business insights, analytics through portfolio data analysis
- Ensure that all appropriate data is captured in the Property Data Warehouse in a complete, timely, and accurate fashion.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of pre-underwriting modeling requests.
- Validate the accuracy of risk level data and adjusting the data as necessary.
- Support the development of tools and processes to capture and assess non-modelled perils as directed by Argo US or Group Management.
- Complete Regulatory and Outwards Reinsurance modeling submissions as required.
- Ensure that Argo US modeling adheres to Group Exposure Management standards
- Create modeled Pro Forma portfolios for Business Planning Purposes.
- Produce modeled losses in the period before, and after a significant Catastrophe.
- Work with our process support vendors, SGS and RMSI, in line with SLAs.
- Attend industry conferences and transfer knowledge to the risk modeling department on current best practice.
Whats required for the position:
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently (Portuguese is a plus)
- Bachelors degree in business or technical field (STEM / Computer Science, Information Technology or related field) or a combination of education, training and experience that equates to the required degree.
- Strong mathematical/statistical, modeling, technical background.
- Extensive Cat Modeling and Risk Analytics experience.
- Fluent in a variety of third-party vendor models, RMS essential
- Strong programming and technical skills e.g. SQL, Python, R, VBA, Tableau, Alteryx
- Excellent Excel skills
- Actuarial/technical pricing knowledge a plus
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders hierarchically and geographically
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication both oral and written are a must.
- Relationship building establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Organizational skills ability to deliver on tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem solving - ability to solve issues quickly and efficiently
- Prioritization and attention to detail ability to plan work efficiently with minimum errors is fundamental
- Results orientated demonstrable evidence of delivering results
- Team player ability to work well in a team as well as on own initiative
- Ability to acquire, understand and absorb information quickly
- Ability to travel
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And dont forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0002394
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.