Manager, Economic and Valuation Services
Requisition #: 46461
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Miami, FL
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our practice.
- Manage and deliver business and intangible valuations for mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization, corporate services and management planning purposes
- Design the scope of work for engagements, oversee day-to-day activities, assume responsibility for quality control and accuracy of client deliverables, and effectively manage risk associated with engagements
- Build, maintain, and enhance client relationships
- Perform reviews of third party appraisals for audit support purposes
- Supervise and mentor staff; provide timely and effective performance feedback and training
- Assist in business development efforts; collaborate with other KPMG practices to build cross-functional relationships
- A minimum of five years of financial advisory and valuation experience within a business valuation firm or valuation practice of an audit, tax and advisory firm with a strong finance and/or accounting background
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business from an accredited college/university; CFA, Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), and/or CPA is a plus
- Completion of fifty percent or more of the coursework and testing requirements toward a relevant advanced degree from an accredited college/university and/or professional designation such as CFA or ASA
- Significant experience with valuations of business entities and intangible assets, purchase price allocations, analyzing goodwill and long lived asset impairment, supporting a company's value for bidding or asking price plans, litigation support, and financial analysis and research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid analytical and financial modeling skills, the ability to work well in a team environment and a commitment to mentoring and developing staff
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple valuation engagements and manage client relationships
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.