Head of Art - the community - MIAMI
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Type of job: Permanent
Date published: 1-Apr-2019
Domain: Customer Experience & Design
Job ID: 58527 Share
The Community is expanding their Miami, FL team and seeking a Head of Art! The Head of Art will be responsible for the development of ideas as well as the initial execution of visuals that form the frameworks our client campaigns are built on.
The ideal candidate is a highly visual individual with impeccable craft who understands the fundamentals of design and is well-versed in conceptual thinking. The Head of Art should collaborate with creatives, strategists, and production teams to create brand-defining platforms that work in digital and traditional mediums, in addition to print, OOH, social, short and long-form video.
Additionally, the Head of Art will lead the day-to-day art direction responsibilities with the creative resources required to execute the ideas. Youll see the big picture, understand the bottom line implications, and translate both into operational terms for your team while inspiring them with your insights and conceptual abilities. He/She will also provide ideas to other creatives working on team and assist with new pitches.
- Report to our ECD, partnering closely with him and CDs throughout the process, on all aspects of a project.
- Lead the day-to-day art direction responsibilities with creative resources to execute ideas
- Develop ideas that are playful, arresting and modern, unmistakably relevant to today and what's next in branding.
- Partner with other creatives to create range of concepts and ideas for clients that push creative forward and ensure a final strong concept
- Work with digital and production department heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts and coordinate creative activities.
- Confidently articulate ideas and present work to ECD, Strategy, and Account teams and present final ideas and concepts presentation to clients for approval
- Attend photo shoots and film sessions to ensure final product specifications are met
- Keep up to date on the latest in technology, social media, and globally iconic branded companies.
- Communicate with project managers regularly on status and adhere to deadlines
- Mentoring and Supervising the Art Directors on your immediate team
Qualifications / Specific Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience working in a hands-on art direction capacity mentoring others in either a Head of Art or similar role at an advertising agency
- An impressive portfolio full of recognizable campaigns, corporate branding breakthroughs or other work showcasing your conceptual ability and craft
- Prior experience leading art direction responsibilities including mentoring 3 or more art directors
- Ability to juggling multiple projects and self-manage priorities
- Excellent communication skills ability to interact with team and clients. Fluency in English a must.
- Ability to travel as necessary for client meeting / shoots, etc up to 50%.
- Ability to guide Art Direction at shoots
- Expert skills with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, as well as PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Bachelors degree or equivalent formal design training /exceptional craft and design skills is a must
The Community started with one goal in mind: creating a different type of company, that creates a different type of advertising. Never abiding by traditional definitions of how an agency works, weve never been traditional in our approach to ideas, brands, culture, nor the kind of people who join our community. We are not a multicultural agency. Were a global agency made of diverse backgrounds, with one unifying mission: to create culturally-potent ideas for a multi-everything world. As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, la comunidad Corporation (dba "The Community" and a wholly owned subsidiary of Publicis Sapient) is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-305-865-9600. Default Apply
© 2019 Publicis Sapient. All Rights Reserved.