A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Commitment to pass the exam before being promoted to senior associate and thereafter to obtain CPA licensure.
Demonstrates some proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards, emphasizing some understanding - for the respective industry - of business and accounting issues, and the technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Demonstrates some proven abilities and/or record of success as a team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following dimensions of the PwC Professional:
- Demonstrating and applying foundational knowledge of the technical accounting and financial reporting standards under the GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB;
- Applying applicable auditing standards when performing auditing work, taking proactive steps to be familiar with the firm's audit methodology and guidance;
- Elevating potential issues on a timely basis after gathering key facts;
- Leveraging team members and appropriate technical resources to assist in resolutions;
- Taking pride and responsibility for the quality of work and performing critical self-reviews;
- Demonstrating professional skepticism, independence, and objectivity; and,
- Seeking proactively the advice of supervisors and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
- Leveraging know-how of business financials, reports and profitability levers;
- Considering current issues facing the markets and relevant industries, including technology developments;
- Performing research, analysis, and structured problem-solving using a range of tools and techniques; and,
- Demonstrating critical thinking, bringing order to unstructured problems.
- Developing know-how of the implications of globalization, including key business trends and developments; and,
- Incorporating proactive, individualized career planning goals to build awareness of cultural dexterity and global business, and, asking clarifying questions and/or researching the answers, as appropriate.
- Working comfortably across differences, especially with change and ambiguity;
- Asking regularly for in-the-moment feedback and taking action on it; and,
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic and delivering high-quality results on time.
- Collaborating with others to optimize solutions, testing the feasibility of recommendations proffered, anticipating potential inquiries, and preparing responses;
- Identifying and using the most effective communication tools and applications;
- Understanding the needs of others to proactively assist, as appropriate; and,
- Building respect and trust as an open-minded and inclusive professional.
So what does a typical day look like? http://PwC.to/erin.