Third Party Quality Analyst
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 04 Dec 17 2017-12-04
SUMMARY: Leads ongoing quality management and monitoring of significant third party provider relationships. Compiles, analyzes and presents Spend Data, SLAs and other KPIs into Performance Reports to executive level management and other stakeholders. Partners with internal Corporate Procurement teams (Third Party Due Diligence, Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, etc.), external business lines and third parties to ensure exposure to risk through third party relationships are identified and properly managed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Identification and Mitigation of Third Party Risks:
- Oversees and performs ongoing monitoring of significant third party activities and performance.
- Partners with business lines and support functions to identify risks, risk mitigation initiatives, and oversees progress of contingency plans, including termination planning.
- Experience delivering Quarterly Business Reviews to Senior and Executive business line management and Third Party Service Providers.
- Performs research, provides recommendations to improve Provider performance, and implements strategies designed to mitigate risk and improve processes for Third Parties used within the Bank.
- Develops and monitors reports on various aspects of Third Party Provider performance.
- Adheres to and recommends enhancements to the Performance Reporting component within the Third Party Performance Management Framework.
- Plans, executes, and directs quality projects that align with the Bank's Third Party Performance Framework.
- Implements and/or facilitates processes contained in the Third Party Quality Management framework.
- Monitors historical data, as well as changes within the industry and the Bank's regulators, to identify third party risk trends and mitigation plans.
Training and Awareness:
- Stays abreast of third party risk management industry trends by leading and/or attending seminars, training sessions, and workshops, as necessary to develop and ensure success of the Bank's third party performance framework and third party quality management framework.
- Serves in a consultative capacity (subject matter expert) to divisions/business units on third party quality management matters.
- Gains and maintains a practical understanding of the OCC 2013-29, enterprise Policies and Procedures and other regulatory guidelines.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Develops and maintain Third Party Quality Management reporting to include Operational, Executive, Committee and BOD Reporting.
- Compiles regular and special reports as required by Bank and government regulations.
- Recommends revisions to policies and procedures to the Third Party Quality Manager.
- Participates in enterprise initiatives, interacts with support areas and assists in creating Third Party Performance tools and methods.
- Confers and cooperates with appropriate personnel to ensure coordination of activities meet the Third Party Performance objectives for the Bank.
- Creates and/or maintains open communication channels to business lines to improve the overall effectiveness of third party relationships.
- Establishes and maintains relationships within division(s) and throughout the enterprise so that cross-functional issues can be more effectively resolved
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and Business Goals both internal and external to the Corporate Procurement Group.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years related experience in Banking and Third Party Risk, Audit, Procurement, Vendor or Contract Management with proven functional skills in a large financial institution and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Commercial Banking and Thrift experience preferred. Demonstrated skills in relationship management, project management, analysis and problem-solving. Team-building and effective communications skills are critical requirements, as is the ability to make decisions in a dynamic environment. Demonstrated ability for facilitation, persuasion, presentation, and process management. Knowledge of interdependencies among Bank business functions.
Demonstrated ability to champion and support Third Party quality management efforts. Ability to effectively collaborate with others and accomplish challenging assignments. Ability to work autonomously and simultaneously manage multiple quality management projects and initiatives.
Ability to speak, read and write in English language; Spanish (or other languages) a plus. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents (such as supplier contracts). Ability to write reports, presentation and correspondence routinely. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs. An understanding of higher mathematical concepts may be required for specific departments.
REASONING AND ANALYSIS ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deals with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: As applicable to position
- Build Relationships: Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; can show sincere interest in others and their concerns; capable of initiating and developing relationships with others as a key priority.
- Collaborative Relationships: Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties. Capable of seeking and encouraging collaboration. Can work effectively with people outside formal authority to accomplish goals seeking win-win alternatives. Shares successes and works with others to reach best practice solutions. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Has the ability to recognize when relationships are unproductive and take action to improve them.
- Influence: Can assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; and mobilize people to take action.
- Professionalism: Adhere to BankUnited standards for conduct, grooming, and attire. Provide a positive and professional image both within the company and externally. Create a positive first impression.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work under pressure and ability to make decisions according to established guidelines; work unsupervised and to accomplish tasks accurately and on a timely basis; prioritize work; strong organization skills. Travel may be required; computer literacy in word processing is required. Must be able to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
SALES ABILITY/PERSUASIVENESS: Ability to identify the needs of customers through effective questions and listening techniques. Can apply technical/professional knowledge, interpersonal skills, and sales methods to obtain customers' commitment to ideas, processes, services, or products. Handles objections effectively.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Handles customers and employees and their queries in a positive, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner, remembering that the customers' satisfaction is a primary focus. Represents the Bank professionally at every contact with customers, staff and suppliers.
ATTENDANCE: Must be able to report to work regularly per the assigned schedule; and have the flexibility to work additional hours outside the assigned schedule when necessary; work steadily throughout the workday; and maintain an attendance record in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
SAFETY: Uses common sense and observes company policies to perform job functions in a safe manner.