Project Business Analyst Team Leader
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 19 Oct 18
Project Business Analyst Team Leader
SUMMARY: The Project Business Analyst Team Lead works with stakeholders from all business units and related PMO project and support Business Initiatives (Less than 100k) to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology for PMO projects and/or IT initiatives. The Business Analyst Team Lead works directly with and provides support to the business operations, development, quality assurance, and application delivery teams. As Team Lead, this position has additional supervisory and managerial responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
1. Requirements and Technical Analysis (30%)
* Analyze and define user requirements to develop solutions that meet the strategic requirements of the business unit. Conduct discovery sessions to gather requirements from all stakeholders. Document current state and future state process workflows.
* Proactively collaborate with the business to identify potential process improvements and enhancements that increase efficiencies and decrease costs.
* Translate business needs into design documents and specifications. Prepare detailed specifications from which IT can program application solutions.
* Work with business users to efficiently identify and coordinate resolution of issues.
2. Business Analyst Execution (20%)
* Provide both strategic and detailed support to the Project Manager on significant projects and business initiatives (Less than 100k). Assist with delivery of projects according to agree upon timeline, budget and scope.
* Work with the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) team and act as testing coordinator for key projects when require by the Application Delivery Manager.
3. Project Governance (20%)
* Prepare project artifacts as required by the Standard Operating Procedures to ensure satisfactory internal and external audits. Ensure timeliness of document approvals by stakeholders and accessibility of project artifacts on the project's SharePoint site.
* Complete required documentation for each assigned project & initiative on a timely basis, including Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements Document, and Process Flow diagrams.
* Ensure requirements inventory is properly maintained on SharePoint and validate traceability to testing. Monitor for proper change management of requirements. Ensure acceptance criteria are met prior to go live deployment of new solutions or enhancements.
* Identify and share best practices to grow the Business Analyst community of practice.
4. Industry Knowledge and Business Analysis Skills (15%)
* Develop and maintain appropriate banking industry knowledge of common financial services concepts, practices and procedures.
* Develop and maintain of project management concepts, practices and procedures; and knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques. Obtain and maintain appropriate certifications.
* Support Business as Usual generic needs related to IT matters as a first point of contact to direct the Business to the correct IT internal process, when the Business does not know what to do, without requiring the Business to navigate throughout the complex internal IT organization.
* Act as the liaison between the Business and the IT Application Delivery SMEs for questions related to day-to-day operations
5. Teamwork and Leadership Skills (15%)
* Establish and maintain business line partnerships. Demonstrate ability to guide focused diverse groups to specified goals.
* Support project objectives.
* Provide direction, support and feedback within the Business Analysis team.
* Perform team lead duties including scheduling, reporting to management, supervising analysts, delegating and prioritizing workloads.
* Resolve issues within and across teams. Experience managing teams, projects and budgets.
* Become the IT subject matter expert for solutions and processes supporting the business unit(s). Act as the IT specialist responsible for engaging in assigned department planning activities to better understand business needs and assess feasibility of new solutions.
* Actively develop domain business expertise and analyze business processes to identify improvements. Provide input to the business line for applying technology to their challenges. Act as a channel of business line input to the IT Portfolio Manager.
* Communicate and report concerns of the business unit to IT. Keep track of trailing items to ensure business line needs are being met and continuity is maintained between projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory responsibilities for assigned staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required plus a minimum of five years of banking experience and business line expertise and business analysis experience. In addition, the position requires:
* Experience in requirements gathering and development of business requirement documents and functional requirement specifications.
* Experience with Agile and waterfall software development techniques.
* Ability to independently facilitate requirement elicitation sessions with business users.
* Experience with vendor management
* Experience in a supervisory capacity.
* Experience in the support of Mission Critical Applications.
* Experience researching and keeping "abreast" of industry technical/ business information security requirements and translating those requirements to the Banks information environment.
* Experience managing teams, projects and budgets.
* Understanding of consumer banking regulations
* Critical thinking, problem solving and independent execution skills
* Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
* Above-average facilitation, collaboration and relationship management skills
* Experience in Quality Assurance
* Strong skills in MS Office Visio and workflow or data flow diagramming tools
Six Sigma Green Belt, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), and/or PMI Professional in Business Analysis preferred.