Model Risk Analyst
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA Miami Lakes FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Model Risk Analyst
SUMMARY: :he Model Risk Analyst will analyze risks associated with the use of models throughout the bank in compliance with regulatory guidance (OCC 2011-12/SR 11-7) and internal Policy. This individual will perform model validations and lead efforts to ensure that the business lines have the appropriate documentation and processes in place to effectively manage model risk. They will routinely interact with model owners and users across the bank's various lines of business to implement the model risk management framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
Maintain Model Risk Management Framework, Identify Risks and Advise on Mitigation Strategies:
* Maintain the Enterprise's model inventory and model documentation library and validation review schedule.
* Conduct independent model validations to manage and mitigate the risks that arise from the use of models.
* Prepare rigorous workpapers documenting the validation review and analysis.
* Discuss findings and their risk severity with model owners and assist with remediation recommendations.
* Track findings assigned and validate them to ensure they are properly addressed in a timely manner.
* Monitor internal/external audit and regulatory issues to ensure timely remediation.
* Prepare presentations for Risk Committees and Management.
* Facilitate risk profiling process for assigned business units.
Training and Awareness:
* Stay abreast of risk management industry trends by leading and/or attending seminars, training sessions, and workshops, as necessary to develop and ensure success of the Bank's enterprise risk program.
* Serve in a consultative capacity (subject matter expert) to business units on model risk and quantitative/technical matters.
* Train and ensure all assigned business units are aware of the model risk framework and its application and relevance to their business unit.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in enterprise initiatives, interact with support areas and assist in creating enterprise risk tools and methods.
* Confer and cooperate with appropriate personnel to ensure coordination of activities meet the risk objectives for the Bank.
* Establish and maintain relationships within assigned business units and throughout the enterprise.
* Work with the Enterprise Risk team on special projects as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Advanced degree in Finance or CFA/FRM/PRM certifications with quantitative background required. Must have 5-10 years of post undergraduate/graduate experience in banking in a risk management role and a strong working knowledge of programming (Excel/VBA) and relational databases. Experience with risk tools including Moody's, Actimize, Intex, SNL, Bloomberg API, or other BSA/AML and Fraud detection systems is preferred. Model validation experience with a DFAST or CCAR institution is strongly preferred.