- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning, analysis and reporting for designated lines of business. They are expected to provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting and analysis of the results of their business lines' performance against historicals, budget and forecast to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and the organization's strategic business plan. They should understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people and relevant technology in order to communicate useful information across all management levels, and provide practical guidance in order to facilitate proper decision making. The Financial Analyst should fully comprehend key business drivers and quickly apply new business principals as needed. They should demonstrate core competency by: 1) Adhering to various, stringent reporting deadlines, and completing assignments on time and with minimal supervision. 2) Providing quality reporting and analysis that is accurate and meets the highest standards. 3) Identifying non-value added processes within the department and seeking out solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Work with team to manage and support all phases of financial planning for assigned business lines, including forecasting, reporting and analytics.
- Review monthly expenses for assigned business lines to ensure that expenses are booked correctly, and work with the accounting team to make any necessary reclassifications.
- Actively assist in the development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and 3-year strategic plans in conjunction with FPA and business line management.
- Track financial performance of assigned business lines by comparing and analyzing budgets and forecasts with actual results, identifying trends, researching variances and making recommendations for improvement.
- Provide information to management clearly, accurately and consistently by assembling and summarizing data and preparing/presenting findings, analysis and recommendations. Ensure that reporting is timely, accurate and meets the requirements of the audience for whom the reports are being prepared.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that positively impact the division.
- Build financial models and perform valuation analysis as needed.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related field, with a minimum of two to three years of analytical experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None required.