- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
SUMMARY: The Database/ETL Developer performs analysis, design, programming and testing for presentation, reporting and data ETL layers of enterprise data warehouse. This position designs computer applications used for data storage and reporting, tests and debugs these systems prior to implementation, and troubleshoots and upgrades the system as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
• Translates user requirements for reporting and analysis into data warehouse deliverables.
• Supports operation and expansion of data warehouse and reporting environment.
• Designs and builds relational databases for satisfaction of business requirements.
• Writes technical specification documents and business requirements documents needed to build and support the data warehouse environment and the applications.
• Designs and Implements staging, operation data stores (ODS) and Data warehouse environments.
• Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, & implementation of a database.
• Creates specs and implement code/scripts for any mission critical interfaces for data transport between applications, reports or data repositories.
• Researches complex incidents and develop solutions.
• Satisfies business line data reporting requirements for the various application specific databases and or repositories used throughout the Institution.
• Participates on project teams related to their area of expertise and determine productions needs with regard to new products, systems and data requirements.
• Maintains database interfaces and monitors systems configuration to ensure and assist in the validation of data integrity.
• Establishes and maintains change control policies, procedures, and documentation for all data interfaces.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Team Mentoring
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not Applicable
• Strong technical and communication skills.
• Experience researching and keeping “abreast” of industry technical/ business information security requirements and translating those requirements to the Banks information environment.
• Customer service skills.
• Programming expertise, and Database Management Skills.
• Vendor management skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A four-year degree in Business Administration, related field, or comparable experience in, Computer Information Systems, and/or Engineering with the appropriate emphasis in system integration database architecture, data management applications support functions
Level I: Minimum of 2-3 years of database programming or database report authority experience. Level II: Minimum of 4-6 years of database programming or database report authority experience. Level III: Minimum seven years professional experience working or consulting in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment using ETL. Must also have significant experience using Informatica and Oracle and a strong knowledge of UNIX. Experience with all phases of SDLC and in implementing, staging, operation data stores and dimensional data modeling preferred.
Certifications: None Required.
COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak, read and write in the English language; Spanish (or other languages) helpful. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, & other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs. An understanding of higher mathematical concepts may be required for specific departments.
REASONING AND ANALYSIS ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Build Relationships: Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; can show sincere interest in others and their concerns; capable of initiating and developing relationships with others as a key priority.
Collaborative Relationships: Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties. Knows how to seek and encourage collaboration. Can work effectively with people outside formal authority to accomplish goals seeking win-win alternatives. Shares successes and works with others to reach best practice solutions. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Has the ability to recognize when relationships are unproductive and take action to improve them.
Influence: Can assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; and mobilize people to take action.
Professionalism: Adhere to BankUnited standards for conduct, grooming, and attire. Provide a positive and professional image both with in the company and externally. Create a positive first impression.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work under pressure and ability to make decisions according to established guidelines; work unsupervised and to accomplish tasks accurately and on a timely basis; prioritize work; strong organization skills. Travel may be required; computer literacy in word processing is required. Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
SALES ABILITY/PERSUASIVENESS: Ability to identify the needs of customers through effective questions and listening techniques. Can apply technical/professional knowledge, interpersonal skills, and sales methods to obtain customers' commitment to ideas, services, or products. Handles objections effectively.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Handles customers and employees and their queries in a positive, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner, remembering that the customers' satisfaction is a primary focus. Represents the Bank professionally at every contact with customers, staff and vendors.
ATTENDANCE: Must be able to report to work regularly per the assigned schedule; and have the flexibility to work additional hours outside the assigned schedule when necessary; work steadily through the workday; and maintain an attendance record in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
SAFETY: Uses common sense to perform job functions in a safe manner.