Cyber Security Analyst III
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
~~SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the proactive assessment and analysis of threat information, understanding threats as they relate to the organization, and implementing measures to prevent or combat existing and potential threats.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Assist in performing intelligence analysis, making predictions about cyber criminals and their future activities based on what is already known about them.
* Maintain knowledge of the current security threat level by monitoring related Internet postings, Intelligence reports, and other related documents as necessary.
* Conduct technical research by collecting information about internet-based malware-related criminal activities and the people behind them.
* Assist in the analysis of cyber network events and determine impact on current operations through all-source intelligence.
* Assist in the gathering and analysis of the current and future threat landscape, and assist the Cyber Security Manager in providing leadership with a realistic overview of risks and threats in and to the organization.
* Provide advice on IT initiatives, IT business projects, and IT engineering in regards to security industry best practice.
* Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status.
* Develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues.
* Monitor intrusion detection and prevention systems and other security event data sources.
* Work closely with IS operations, network and system administrators, other appropriate IS groups and business lines to determine the risk of a given event.
* Implement and monitor controls necessary to ensure processes are performed and are effective to protect the environment from all forms of malicious cyber activity.
* Assist in establishing procedures for handling each security event detected.
* Determine if security events monitored should be escalated to incidents and follow all applicable incident response and reporting processes and procedures.
* Keep abreast of emerging technology and public policy trends in the information security space.
* Perform additional duties, as assigned.
* Firm understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
* A strong networking background.
* Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking.
* Must have strong incident handling experience including knowledge of common probing and attack methods, network/service discovery, system auditing, viruses, and worms.
* Experience with security testing of enterprise networks through ethical hacking a plus.
* Experience responding to incidents in a 24/7 environment.
* Experience working in the finance industry dealing with sensitive data preferred.
* Cyber security analysis, incident response, or related security experience preferred.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good interpersonal, organizational, writing and communications skills.
* Ability to work well in a team environment as a whole.
* Self-motivator who monitors the news and threat reports in order to ascertain the potential risks to the company.
* Experience with cloud security technologies a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or related field or equivalent combination of work.
* At least 5 years working in a technical role in Information Security
* In depth experience with Information System Security (ISS), PKI, firewalls, intrusion detection/protection and related vulnerability assessment tools for network periphery and internal network/service discovery and topology mapping
* Strong experience with various technologies including forensic tools, network monitoring tools, host security prevention tools, etc.
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly, to both technical and non-technical audiences, risks, threats, and vulnerabilities identified during assessments.
* Provide leadership and strategic direction to junior staff
CERTIFICATIONS: CISSP, CCSP, CEH, SSCP, Security+, Certificate in Cyber Security, or related certifications strongly preferred.