Bank Operations Project Planner II
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Bank Operations Project Planner II
SUMMARY: The Bank Operations Project Planner is responsible for managing assigned projects and ensuring that all deliverables are completed within established timeframes. The Project Planner works directly with the management team on projects and initiatives related to system upgrades, conversions, acquisitions, new technology, remediations, functional efficiencies and streamlining initiatives.
The Project Planner maintains a high level of customer service interaction to help build productive relationships; establishes and maintains rapport with internal customers/business partners to provide the best possible service; recommends and provides feedback for improvements to processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Administration of assigned Bank Operations projects and all project related functions from the initial planning stage to implementation.
- Ensures that deliverables are met, project status reports are accurate and disseminated to management and project team members. Coordinates and monitors project related activities employees engaged in assigned projects.
- Identifies and advises Management of deviations from standard operating procedures, provides sound recommendations to address potential risks and implements corrective action to remediate.
- Monitors, coordinates, and at times may conduct staff training to improve efficiency, and ensures compliance and conformances to bank standard procedures, practices and government regulations.
- Advises, makes recommendations, issues instructions, assigns duties and provides guidance on operational, compliance, fraud, risk and audit concerns.
- Updates the Bank Operations Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plan and works with management to develop, test and evaluate the plan.
- Works with the management team to ensure the timely completion, distribution and maintenance of various Bank Operations metrics reports, to include: Flash Reports, Dashboards, Trending Reports, Status Reports, Error Logs, etc.
- Works directly with, and makes recommendation to, Bank Operations Management, the Project Management Office, Information Technology and other key internal departments.
- Resolves complaints, makes recommendations and answers questions from internal customers/business partners regarding assigned projects and initiatives.
- Communicates information and ideas in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Supports audit and compliance functions whether internal or external including departmental self-audits and quality assurance reviews.
- Efficiently uses one's own time and the time of others.
- Actively seeks ways to assist staff and internal customers/business partners.
- Responsible for meeting all personal and departmental goals as well as Service Level agreements (SLA's).
- Maintains an understanding of all current financial products, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned or required by Management.
- Miscellaneous duties as needed.
In additional to all duties mentioned in Level I, the Level II Bank Operations Project Planner duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs special studies and detailed analysis. Creates and runs system queries, uses advanced analytical tools, gathers and evaluates data.
- Analyzes Bank Operations functional processes to identify streamlining opportunities create efficiencies and ensure optimal use of technology and system applications.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for special projects (i.e., system upgrades, system modifications, conversions, mergers, etc.) assisting with common file setups, data mapping, data validation, functional and end-to-end testing, mock and system conversions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Proven leadership and tactical skills, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability. Team building and effective communications skills are critical requirement as is the ability to make decisions autonomously in a dynamic environment. Knowledge of internal systems and experience with common file setups, data mapping, data validation and systems testing is required. The individual must possess a demonstrated ability to champion and support operational efforts. The position requires the ability to effectively collaborate with others and accept challenging assignments.
Project Planner I:
Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent with five years related experience in a Commercial Banking, Bank Operations or Information Technology working on new releases, system upgrades and conversions. Project Planner or Project Management experience is a plus.
Project Planner II:
Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent with five years related experience in a Commercial banking, Bank Operations or Information Technology working on new releases, system upgrades and conversions. Three to five years of previous experience must have been as a Project Planner, Project Administrator or Project Manager.
COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak, read and write in the English language; Spanish (or other languages) helpful. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs. An understanding of higher mathematical concepts may be required for specific departments.
REASONING AND ANALYSIS ABILITY: Advanced reasoning and analytical ability is required. Candidates must be able to process and interpret complex business processes, systems functions, technical concepts and user manuals. Candidates must be able to analyze complex systems and identify appropriate steps to troubleshoot and resolve issues and be able to communicate technical concepts to business users in plain language.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Certificates in Project Management, software languages, hardware systems and other tools and methodologies is desirable but not mandatory. Candidates must be willing to pursue certifications or other training if the Bank determines that such certificate or training is necessary.
Build Relationships: Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; can show sincere interest in others and their concerns; capable of initiating and developing relationships with others as a key priority.
Collaborative Relationships: Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties. Knows how to seek and encourage collaboration. Must work effectively with people outside formal authority to accomplish goals; seeking win-win alternatives. Shares successes and works with others to reach best practice solutions. Can represent his and/or her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Has the ability to recognize when relationships are unproductive and takes action to improve them.
Influence: Can assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; and mobilize people to take action.
Professionalism: Adhere to BankUnited standards for conduct, grooming, and attire. Provide a positive and professional image both with in the company and externally. Create a positive first impression.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work under pressure and ability to make decisions according to established guidelines; work unsupervised and to accomplish tasks accurately and on a timely basis; prioritize work; strong organization skills. Travel may be required; computer literacy in word processing is required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Handles customers and employees and their queries in a positive, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner, remembering that the customers' satisfaction is a primary focus. Represents the Bank professionally at every contact with customers, staff and vendors.
ATTENDANCE: Must be able to report to work regularly per the assigned schedule; and have the flexibility to work additional hours outside the assigned schedule when necessary; work steadily through the workday; and maintain an attendance record in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characterictics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
SAFETY: Uses common sense to perform job functions in a safe manner.