BSA/AML Quality Assurance Analyst
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
BSA/AML Quality Assurance Analyst
SUMMARY: The BSA/AML Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for performing BSA Surveillance, Due Diligence, and OFAC/CTR quality assurance reviews of alerts generated by the Bank's transaction monitoring system, cases created from the alerts, and/or related forms. The QA Analyst will identify, document, and report findings to BSA QA Manager to ensure compliance with the Bank's established BSA/AML program. The candidate will also facilitate BSA training on both an internal and enterprise basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Understand and ensure compliance with the execution of BSA/AML/OFAC policy and procedures.
* Perform QA reviews of alert/case processes for BSA Surveillance and BSA Due Diligence to evaluate the work product for quality, accuracy, and sound decision making.
* Perform QA reviews of OFAC monitoring processes and CTR filings.
* Provide feedback and communicate effectively with peers on the results of QA reviews.
* Assist the BSA supervisors/managers in preparing QA reports and the execution of special projects or reviews, as required.
* Report and escalate all concerns or findings on the results of QA testing clearly and objectively to BSA supervisors/managers.
* Provide recommendations to BSA supervisor/manager to enhance BSA/AML/OFAC policy and procedures based on QA review assessments to improve quality and consistency.
* Assist the BSA supervisors/managers in preparing training sessions for BSA business units to address identified risks or gaps in BSA/AML procedures or processes.
* Adhere to all designated time frames, manage workflow to the specified deadlines and complete responsibilities in a satisfactory manner.
* Interact with bank examiners, internal auditors, and compliance personnel during BSA and AML related audits, if necessary.
* Complete all job-related training in a timely manner and attend seminars or continuing education, as directed.
* Provide support in connection with BSA training requirements.
* Participate in team meetings.
* Perform any other assignments as directed by BSA QA Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree or commensurate work experience
* Minimum 5 years banking experience, with emphasis on BSA Compliance
* Sound knowledge of regulations as applied to KYC, CIP, Anti-Money Laundering and the Bank Secrecy Act requirements with emphasis on transaction monitoring
* Strong understanding of financial crimes and common money laundering typologies
* Good analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to meet deadlines and to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently, as necessary
* Sound knowledge of the Bank policies and procedures
COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak, read and write in the English language; Spanish (or other languages) helpful. Ability to read, interpret and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs. An understanding of higher mathematical concepts may be required for specific departments.
REASONING AND ANALYSIS ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: AML/CA, CAMS, or CFE preferred