Application Systems Analyst II
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA Miami Lakes FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Application Systems Analyst II
SUMMARY: This position provides Application Support for internal users throughout the Enterprise for various mission critical systems. This position is also responsible for daily response to issues related to system functions, report authoring and ongoing rollout of systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties and special projects may be assigned)
* Responds to, defines, researches and resolves customer issues referred by level one support.
* Functions as the liaison between vendors and BankUnited business units
* Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Provides subject matter expertise, and participates in projects related to new and existing applications.
* Follows defined change control process to test and install system patches, upgrades or features.
* Maintains system files and monitors system configurations to ensure data integrity.
* Reviews, analyzes, and installs application systems in support of the Business lines.
* Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify objectives.
* Documents and write manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Remain current on industry practices, equipment and standards.
* Provides support for the team to successfully resolve problems.
* Participate in all contingency planning and disaster recovery.
* Manage technical projects as directed by management within budget and assigned timeframes.
* Proactively monitor applications/systems to capture potential issues (e.g. alerts, performance) before they occur.
* Ensure application/system environments are fully maintained with appropriately supported updates, patches and/or service packs.
* Mentor junior team members.
Additional Responsibilities Applicable to Level III
* Monitors the ticket flow, re-assigns tasks as needed to keep an even balance of work within the department.
* Communicates and is the focal point for the dissemination of information from management to the team and vice versa.
* Assists with the development of team members to enhance skills and promote cross-training.
* Recommends and assists with developing improvements around support processes, tools, standards and the overall performance and level of support provided by the team.
* Troubleshoots areas of poor performance and identifies effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
* Ensure the team delivers a professional, customer-focused and high performing level of support.
* Strong technical and communication skills
* Experience researching and keeping "abreast" of industry technical/ business information security requirements and translating those requirements to the Banks information environment.
* Customer service skills.
* Vendor management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: A four-year college degree is preferred but not required. Equivalent work experience related to application systems may be considered. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency required.
Application System Analyst I--Minimum 1-3 years of computer-related support experience
Application System Analyst II--Minimum 4-6 years of computer-related support experience
Application System Analyst III--Minimum 6 + years of computer-related support experience
Objective is to work with new software installation or modify existing software product in order to correct faults, improve performance or add/remove other attributes as request by Business owners. You will be responsible to manage the overall tasks and activities for Deposit accounts (Savings, Checking, Money Market, CD's and IRA) enhancement to Production Environments. Where applicable obtain the request to ascertain that the form documented a business problem, request type, and scope. Then, will prepare a Business Requirement Document (BRD) that documents the project definition, processes, scope, issues, risks and assumptions.
System Configurations/ Updates
The objective is to establish, maintain, and inquire about processing parameters for Production operating environments that maybe include massive maintenances to updates Customer and/or Deposit Account information. As of systems administrator you need manage the configuration and operation of client-based operating systems through the work management and project management software.
The key objective of the Support Issues relate with Deposit accounts (Savings, Checking, Money Market, CD's and IRA) is to work with an issue that prevents a system from working properly. Mainly issue report thru help desk tickets by other business areas. HEAT Ticket Requests Types:
- Questions: General question to the Vendor relate with Deposit system functionality or technical issues and internal questions from other departments
- Small Maintenance: Minor changes that do not require testing and Daily department tasks
- Breakdown: System functionality issues that interfere with the ability of performing a daily task.