Application Systems Analyst II
- Miami Lakes, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
Application Systems Analyst II
SUMMARY: This position provides Application Support for internal users throughout the Enterprise for various mission critical systems. This position is also responsible for daily response to issues related to system functions, report authoring and ongoing rollout of systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties and special projects may be assigned)
* Responds to, defines, researches and resolves customer issues referred by level one support.
* Functions as the liaison between vendors and BankUnited business units
* Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Provides subject matter expertise, and participates in projects related to new and existing applications.
* Follows defined change control process to test and install system patches, upgrades or features.
* Maintains system files and monitors system configurations to ensure data integrity.
* Reviews, analyzes, and installs application systems in support of the Business lines.
* Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify objectives.
* Documents and write manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Remain current on industry practices, equipment and standards.
* Provides support for the team to successfully resolve problems.
* Participate in all contingency planning and disaster recovery.
* Manage technical projects as directed by management within budget and assigned timeframes.
* Proactively monitor applications/systems to capture potential issues (e.g. alerts, performance) before they occur.
* Ensure application/system environments are fully maintained with appropriately supported updates, patches and/or service packs.
* Mentor junior team members.
Additional Responsibilities Applicable to Level III
* Monitors the ticket flow, re-assigns tasks as needed to keep an even balance of work within the department.
* Communicates and is the focal point for the dissemination of information from management to the team and vice versa.
* Assists with the development of team members to enhance skills and promote cross-training.
* Recommends and assists with developing improvements around support processes, tools, standards and the overall performance and level of support provided by the team.
* Troubleshoots areas of poor performance and identifies effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
* Ensure the team delivers a professional, customer-focused and high performing level of support.
* Strong technical and communication skills
* Experience researching and keeping "abreast" of industry technical/ business information security requirements and translating those requirements to the Banks information environment.
* Customer service skills.
* Vendor management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: A four-year college degree is preferred but not required. Equivalent work experience related to application systems may be considered. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency required.
Application System Analyst I--Minimum 1-3 years of computer-related support experience
Application System Analyst II--Minimum 4-6 years of computer-related support experience
Application System Analyst III--Minimum 6 + years of computer-related support experience
COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak, read and write in the English language; Spanish (or other languages) helpful. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs. An understanding of higher mathematical concepts may be required for specific departments.
REASONING AND ANALYSIS ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
Build Relationships: Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; can show sincere interest in others and their concerns; capable of initiating and developing relationships with others as a key priority.
Collaborative Relationships: Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties. Knows how to seek and encourage collaboration. Can work effectively with people outside formal authority to accomplish goals seeking win-win alternatives. Shares successes and works with others to reach best practice solutions. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Has the ability to recognize when relationships are unproductive and take action to improve them.
Influence: Can assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; and mobilize people to take action.
Professionalism: Adhere to BankUnited standards for conduct, grooming, and attire. Provide a positive and professional image both within the company and externally. Create a positive first impression.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work under pressure and ability to make decisions according to established guidelines; work unsupervised and to accomplish tasks accurately and on a timely basis; prioritize work; strong organization skills. Travel may be required; computer literacy in word processing is required. Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
SALES ABILITY/PERSUASIVENESS: Ability to identify the needs of customers through effective questions and listening techniques. Can apply technical/professional knowledge, interpersonal skills, and sales methods to obtain customers' commitment to ideas, services, or products. Handles objections effectively.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Handles customers and employees and their queries in a positive, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner, remembering that the customers' satisfaction is a primary focus. Represents BankUnited professionally at every contact with customers, staff and vendors.
ATTENDANCE: Must be able to report to work regularly per the assigned schedule; and have the flexibility to work additional hours outside the assigned schedule when necessary; work steadily through the workday; and maintain an attendance record in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
SAFETY: Uses common sense to perform job functions in a safe manner.