Vice President - Model Risk Manager
- Miami, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 12 Oct 18
The Model Risk Vice President will be responsible for the overall Enterprise Risk of all the Models and the proper processes from a risk and methodology perspective.
My Client is a leading financial institution.
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintain Model Risk Management Framework, Identify Risks and Advise on Mitigation Strategies:
- Maintain the Enterprise's model inventory and model documentation library and validation review schedule.
- Conduct independent model validations to manage and mitigate the risks that arise from the use of models
- Prepare rigorous work papers documenting the validation review and analysis.
- Discuss findings and their risk severity with model owners and assist with remediation recommendations.
- Track findings assigned and validate them to ensure they are properly addressed in a timely manner.
- Prepare presentations for Risk Committees
- Facilitate risk profiling process for assigned business units.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced degree in Finance or FRM/PRM certifications with quantitative background required.
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in banking in a risk management role and a strong working knowledge of programming (Excel/VBA) and relational databases.
- Experience with risk tools including SAS, Moody's, Actimize, Intex, SNL, Bloomberg API, or other BSA/AML and Fraud detection systems is preferred.
- Model validation experience with a DFAST or CCAR institution is strongly preferred.
Competitive pay and benefits with competitive bonus