Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a Global Dry Bulk Trading House looking to hire a Trading Operator to join the commercial team in Miami.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of excellent service to business partners – customers, ship owners/brokers and suppliers in the dry bulk space; cement, clinker, gypsum, limestone, slag, fly ash, white cement, solid fuel, copper slag and aggregates.
- Drive supply chain schedules and daily updates directly with suppliers, customers, ship owners/brokers, port agents and other stakeholders.
- Prepare reports, statistics for the team leaders and or the trader and or the chartering manager.
- In charge of issuing documentary/shipping instructions with various stakeholders and organise surveyors and inspections where required.
- Ensure all measure of mitigation are in place to avoid any risks, disruptions, losses related to vessel operations or trade executions.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Needs to have approx. 5 years’ experience in trading, shipping, freight forwarding and operations with a preference on dry bulk cargoes – including the products Steel, Slag, Gypsum, Fly Ash, Pumice, Limestone, Clinker, Bauxite, Iron Ore and Aggregates.
- Have a good understanding of product line values, international seaborne trading and maritime regulations and logistics.
- Experience of financial tools such as; letters of credit, documentary collection, payment terms and payment instruments.
- Communicate fluently in both English and Spanish.
- Located in Miami