Senior C++/C# Developer (Based in Bahamas or Miami)
- Miami, FL, USA Miami FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
We are a private investment firm. Founded in 1989, we have built our business on making sense of complex data with cutting edge research to actively trade in the global financial, commodity and equity markets. Our trading approach is quantitative and systematic in nature and is based around statistical modeling of market processes. Our success can be attributed to a disciplined trading approach, a relentless drive to research new and existing ideas, and the focus and dedication of our staff.
Our staff are located in The Bahamas, - China and other international locations, giving us flexibility and reach across the globe. Our organization structure is flat and our diverse multi-disciplinary teams are comprised of Research, Data, Trading, and Development. We offer a spacious, contemporary work environment located in The Bahamas and we wish to expand our Software Development department.
We are looking to complement our development team with a talented software developer to help drive the development of new visualization tools. You will work on maintaining an existing Visual Studio C++/MFC based desktop charting application and work with the team to migrate some of its major features to a newer C#/WPF based charting implementation.
The charts are used to visualize time series data to aid data integrity checking and pattern extraction to help understand financial models better. You will be working within a group developing custom software infrastructure so if you have an eye for detail and a track record for producing high-quality software then we are the place for you.
- Take ownership of an existing VS/MFC charting program, still widely used within the Company, to make improvements and changes as and when needed.
- Work with a small team of remote developers to migrate useful features of the VS/MFC charting app to a C#/WPF based ground-up rewrite, a work currently in progress and still very young.
- Technical lead and first line of support for the new C# based charting implementation.
- Maintain high quality and performance at all stages of development.
- Commitment to standards and conventions agreed upon internally.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years development experience with Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET/C#.
- Proficiency with multithreaded code, in-depth knowledge of data structures and algorithms (STL and BOOST) as well as familiarity with MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes).
- Familiarity with SQL and databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, including stored procedures, transactions, etc.
- Experience creating high performance visualization apps using a Windows 2D graphics subsystem such as GDI/GDI+.
- Excellent communication skills in English that facilitate strong engagement with a team that includes senior management.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an internationally competitive compensation commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Work hours are flexible and informal.
Relocation assistance, travel reimbursement, accommodation, and medical insurance is offered to successful candidates willing to relocate to the Bahamas for this opportunity.
Candidates will be asked to consent to background checks and will undergo a variety of technical and personality tests.