Senior Business Analytics Associate
Business Analytics Senior Associate Locationselect Job Categoryselect
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud. Our Accounting team helps internal leaders with fixed assets accounting and asset management, financial reporting, accounting research and analysis, statutory and regulatory reporting, and data security. As part of the team, you’ll assist with monthly closings, financial analysis, oversight and management of controls and compliance, tax and cash projections and data security.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas. - Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results. - Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems. - Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area. - Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance. - Share relevant thought leadership. - Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others. - Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in accounting and financial systems, as well as analyzing and delivering effective reporting of data to finance, functional, and Firm leaders to enable effective decision making, including the following areas:
- Utilizing analytical techniques to evaluate the performance of a portfolio of product/service offerings of the business; and,
- Understanding balance sheet performance indicators, with a preferred focus on a professional services firm.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by effectively working in an agile environment supporting the overall mission of the Finance function which can be achieved through the following (but not limited to):
- Understanding organizational structures and ability to accurately analyze and reconcile activity;
- Conducting research analysis independently with only directional guidance from Manager, and with an ability to support conclusions;
- Demonstrating proven experience in data analytics and dashboard creation in collaboration with management and senior leadership;
- Performing problem and root cause analysis including information gathering to understand business needs and process mapping fundamentals structured problem solving skills;
- Providing analytical and technical assistance to all staff;
- Focusing on continuous improvement in normal routine tasks as well as ad hoc assignments by identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations to management;
- Utilizing data visualization, manipulation, and automation tools as well as innovating with new or emerging technologies; and,
- Preparing and distributing standard and/or ad hoc reports.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Job Category: Finance
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Level: Senior Associate
Specialty/Competency: IFS - Finance
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Job ID: 102691WD