AML Officer/MLRO - Bank Custody Solutions (BCS). The AML Officer will be responsible for and lead the AML Projects Program for BCS.
- Independently contributes to the compliance efforts of multiple assigned business units. Responsible for assisting the business units to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements. In partnership with business unit managers, responds to and develops compliance reporting.
- Based on assessments of controls, works with business units to implement improvements including the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made. Analyzes existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices to help the assigned businesses develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements.
- May assign analysis activities to more junior professionals. Contributes to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment. Analyzes control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations Validates the appropriateness of control processes or guides the assigned business units in implementing improvements.
- May provide guidance to more junior professionals to improve their understanding of compliance, control and documentation policies. Maintains strong working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and senior business unit managers in order ensure the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favorable conditions for compliance activities.
- Uses strong partnerships with managers in the assigned business unit to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit. Contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
- Helps prepare risk-based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps. May contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking to ensure resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively. Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to management.
- No direct reports, provides guidance to more junior team members, as needed. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelors degree is required, Graduate degree in a finance-related field is preferred.
- 3 years of total work experience required; 5 years of experience preferred.
- Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred.
- ACAMS, CFE certification, or FINRA Series-x Licenses are preferred
- Actimize transaction monitoring and surveillance model management testing and tuning
- Experience with foreign regulations and jurisdictional reviews
- 5-7 years or more of total work experience is preferred
- 2 years' experience in compliance examination for AML and Bank Custody Solutions is desired
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.