Overview Major responsibilities include:
- Serves as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a large-sized fund accounting support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters relating to assigned investments, Fund level tasks or projects.
- Contributes to the net asset value (NAV) production functions (including NAV construction & validation, NAV review, footnotes compilation, dissemination and reporting activities) of a complex fund.
- Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
- Tracks data and maintains accounting records for funds of higher complexity in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes to improve team efficiency and best support the accounting team. Leads team in preparing system-generated reports.
- Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with accounting teams.
- Regularly works with client staff to exchange information with respect to cash, accounting, and reporting of daily and monthly client activities and initiatives.
- Communicates data needs and answers client questions.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
- Supports the achievement of team objectives.
- No direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred, experience in accounting support preferred, property management and/or Real Estate Fund Administration and/or public accounting experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, able to manage multiple deadlines, comfortable working as part of a team to achieve common goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.