Group Manager, Quality Assurance of Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) processes (non-tech)
Overview Job Description BNYM's global Financial Crimes Compliance group
is responsible for the Firm wide Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Know Your Customer (KYC)/Customer Due diligence (CDD) and Economics Sanctions Compliance (collectively "FCC") Program. The team provides oversight of the day-to-day and strategic implementation of the Firm's enterprise-wide financial crime prevention efforts. This includes providing the appropriate governance, oversight and execution of the Firm's FCC programs.
As a leader of the Global FCC Program, the role is to manage and maintain the global program to monitoring the transactional activities processed by the firm to support the firm's global AML and FCC programs. Reporting to the Global Head of FCC Quality Assurance, FCC Quality Assurance Manager will execute consistent risk-based and cost-effective Quality Assurance Reviews (QA) to improve the quality of investigations, regulatory reporting practices and controls, as well as to mitigate the regulatory and reputational risks to BNYM.
The Manager, FCC Quality Assurance will provide management reporting and proactively identify risks, assess the relevant controls and AML processes being reviewed, and will partner with the process owners to provide additional training and enhance the effectiveness of their processes. This role includes the application of AML/CTF regulatory knowledge and industry experience in order to continually enhance and sustain a robust AML/CTF program on an ongoing basis. Responsibilities
- Implement and improve Quality Assurance processes and associated reporting metrics
- Review Quality Assurance results across all aspects of the FCC program (including closed investigations of alerts, Incident Reporting, and SARs or country equivalent of suspicious activity reporting) and provide formal reporting and communication to Senior Management
- Support QA management in content and administration of committees, councils, and other forums
- Identify areas of risk and make recommendations on operational improvements, procedures, and key controls
- Provide training and direction to various stakeholders, internal clients, and business units across the organization to mitigate risk
- Onboard and manage staff (this role will manage QA testers)
- Support the Compliance team in researching emerging trends/best practices and determining implications of proposed methodologies on meeting business unit strategy
- Coordinate directly with wide range of stakeholders across the organization and external vendors to resolve issues, as required
- Ensuring all documentation and electronic files are maintained appropriately
- Create and maintain various FCC documentation suitable for Audit and Regulatory review
- Apply regulatory rules, policies, and sound judgement to respond to quality assurance related inquiries from business units, audit, regulators, or other key stakeholders
- Remain current and knowledgeable about current banking and regulatory issues, as well as training and audit approaches
- Participate in and/or lead certain Compliance projects, as needed
- 12+ years' experience with 8+ years of management experience in a compliance, audit, risk, or governance role, in a financial services organization preferred
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA, JD, or professional certification preferred
- Experience and knowledge of compliance monitoring and testing methodologies for adherence to applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Expert level skills in MS Office products, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- High level of integrity with the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong research and analytical skills to monitor and analyze regulatory requirements and relate them to business processes, regulatory risks, and compliance controls and to support a broad range of projects
- SAR filing experience
- Ability to make decisions independently using sound judgment, work well under pressure and shifting priorities while meeting multiple or conflicting deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and very strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to interpret and operationalize regulatory requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills to successfully interact, encourage, and influence at all organizational levels, including senior leadership teams
- Strong execution skills with attention to detail and focus on clear, realistic action steps and timelines
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations, and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
At BNY Mellon, compliance is everyone's responsibility. Accordingly, compliance and ethical standards are core components of all business functions and are fundamental to the culture and values of the company. All decisions and actions on behalf of the company must adhere to the highest standards of integrity.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $96,000 and $137,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.