Loss Mitigation Underwriter II - Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville, FL/en-US/flagstar/job/Jacksonville-FL/Loss-Mitigation-Underwriter-II---Jacksonville--FL_06242/apply
Loss Mitigation Underwriter II - Jacksonville, FL
The Loss Mitigation Underwriter II is a subject matter expert and is responsible for determining borrower eligibility for loss mitigation options by performing a complete review of loss mitigation applications and financial documents received from the borrower to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements and investor/insurer guidelines.
All functions must be completed within the production and quality standards. Role requires utilization and understanding of multiple servicing systems, applications and reporting. Role requires accuracy and attention to detail, strong organization skills, independent problem solving ability and excellent communication skills.
Process Loss Mitigation Applications through Underwriting Stage. Role requires the ability to perform multiple functions throughout the Loss Mitigation Underwriting process under general supervision, including:
- Responsible for resolving complex/complicated exceptions to the standard loss mitigation process
- Identify potential risks and mitigating factors that could impact a borrowers ability to repay the loan.
- Review and analyze loss mitigation applications including income and asset statements, credit bureau reports, and other relevant documentation
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements, investor/insurer guidelines and other relevant timeframes required to determine borrower eligibility for a loss mitigation workout.
- Responsible for generating timely correspondence to the borrower of their loss mitigation review
- Monitors loans in process to determine any deviation from standard processing time and to take appropriate actions including notifying the manager for alternatives to ensure timely resolution
- Understand key performance and risk indicators in the Loss Mitigation Process, and how individual role contributes to meeting or exceeding these goals;
- Maintain and practice sound judgment in all aspects of role
- Reinforces culture of shared ownership and accountability for results.
- Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in class default servicing oversight operation.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstars internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
- At least 5 years default mortgage financial services experience, required in Loss Mitigation
NMLS license preferred
- Self-Driven, Personally Accountable Personality
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills. Specifically an ability with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
- Ability to handle high production volume and answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Confident and efficient work approach with a customer focus
Internal Use Only: Job Band I-Hourly
Posted 3 Days AgoFull time06242
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Mich., is a full-service community bank with branches across the state. Chartered in 1987, today Flagstar is one of the largest savings banks in the country. It also is a mortgage powerhouse, making home loans nationwide and ranking as one of the largest mortgage originators in the country. It also is a major servicer of home loans.
Flagstar Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Flagstar Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please e-mail
or call (248) 312-2000 to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For more information:
Member FDIC/Equal Housing Lender