Transportation, Infrastructure & Energy Analyst
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Job title: Transportation, Infrastructure & Energy - Aviation US Corporate title: Analyst Division: Global Credit Trading - Global Credit Financing & Solutions Location: Jacksonville
TIE is an investment desk focused on lending to asset owners in its core industries (Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy). TIE distributes some of the risk it underwrites but also has a large hold book of senior and mezzanine positions.
TIE is an integral part of GCFS and the Global Credit Trading platform within Global Markets. TIE has desks in London, New York, Jacksonville and Frankfurt and encompasses the origination, structuring and distribution of a wide range of products (strategic and tactical), targeted at clients ranging from corporates, financial institutions, institutional investors to public sector entities across the infrastructure and energy, aviation, rail, shipping sectors. We work closely with the various trading desks, GM Structuring and various origination and distribution channels in DB including ICG, DCM, Global Banking, CPSG, GTB, PBC, etc.
The TIE product suite comprises recourse as well as non\u2010recourse senior, mezzanine and special situation secured financings. Asset classes include transportation assets (aircraft, rail and shipping, etc), infrastructure (toll roads, airports, ports, etc) and energy (renewable energy, conventional power, pipelines, etc).
The team is looking for candidate to support the NY TIE platform in the monitoring of the risk portfolio across the Transportation business globally and to assist the NY desk in the execution of structured transportation financings.
The successful candidate will primarily assist in the oversight and management of the risk portfolio across the Transportation business, including working with reporting systems and metrics. There will be opportunities for involvement in the execution and support of live transactions, with a focus on improved processes, data integrity, and optimizing associated deal activities.
The position will provide an opportunity for enthusiastic candidates to apply project management skills in a dynamic, growing environment. The role involves exposure to credit products and asset financing structures, and the successful candidate will support and coordinate the monitoring and reporting of such risk and in time will learn how to structure and execute transactions that are tailored to meet client needs.
- Interaction with senior TIE management to prepare internal and external facing reports and marketing
materials for client pitches
- Financial modeling for transportation transactions
- Portfolio risk management and internal reporting, including pipeline and revenues. Collaboration with front office personnel and relevant operational teams to develop, implement, and monitor reporting systems, reflecting the needs of the business and senior management
- Develop an understanding of the mechanics and structures of transportation finance transactions and relevant key risk parameters. Support internal processes and activities required for transaction execution and post\u2010execution and prepare necessary material
- Analysis and oversight of front\u2010to\u2010back deal procedures for increased efficiency and data quality, and exploration of opportunities to streamline post deal closing activities
- Work with finance, CRM, and related infrastructure teams to ensure accurate PnL and balance sheet reporting
- 2 - 4 years of work experience including financial modeling and analysis and the desire to grow within a structured finance team
- Developed project management skills, creative problem\u2010solving abilities, and excellent communicationskills
- Personal drive, network development and ability to work in a team is vital. The candidate must be well organized and display a strong aptitude for project management and attention to detail
- Individuals must demonstrate a strong commitment to integrity and professionalism
- Ability to quickly build rapport and relationships within a firm
- Understanding and ability to understand macro market and industry trends
- BA, BS or a degree obtained at a top tier university
- Experience in the banking industry (ideally in structured or corporate finance).
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans\/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law " poster and pay transparency statement.