Sr. Closer Jacksonville, FL/en-US/flagstar/job/Jacksonville-FL/Closer_05715/apply
This individual will be responsible for reviewing information pertinent to the closing process with an emphasis on the required compliance issues relative to the generation of a closing transaction on a residential mortgage.
This position requires in depth knowledge and experience associated with the compliance requirements relative to Reg Z, X, B Mortgage Disclosure Information Act, Home Ownership Equity Protection Act, Qualified Mortgage, Ability to Repay. As part of the closing process the closer is responsible for also reviewing, Title Work, Insurance documents, & Property Tax statements validating they meet Flagstars policies and to accurately prepare the closing settlement statement.
This is a production based role with a strong quality component required to guarantee success. It requires excellent organizational and communication skills to ensure closing deadlines are met while providing high quality closing document package. It requires the ability to work well under pressure within a limited timeframe to meet service level expectations.
- Review documents required for closing a loan to ensure compliance and the documentation is meeting Flagstars requirements.
- Complete the data input of the required information in order to generate an accurate closing package.
- Analyzing GFE and TIL disclosures for the purposes of RESPA, MDIA, & TILA.
- Work with Settlement Agents and brokers to obtain any required information to complete the closing process and obtain a final HUD1 Settlement Statement.
- Review and balancing of the Final HUD-1 figures for regulatory, investor, and Flagstar requirements
- Investigate and resolve loan issues while dealing with others internal and external.
- Staff member is expected to consistently adhere to regulatory and compliance policies and standards linked to their job as listed. Staff member will not repeatedly act in a manner signifying intentional or willful noncompliance, nor exhibit gross negligence or a general disregard for compliance and regulatory standards. Staff member must ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Staff member must complete all required compliance training on a timely basis. Staff member will maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstars internal compliance policies and procedures. Staff member must take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies..
- High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- 2-5 years of closing, funding or similar mortgage banking background.
- Experience with closing Conventional, FHA and/or VA products.
- Knowledge of current compliance changes to Reg Z, Respa, GFE, and MDIA.
- Experience closing Renovation and/or Construction loans a plus.
- Experience with closing loans in the states of New York and Texas a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while still maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong computer skills relative to data entry.
For internal use only: Job Band I-Hrly
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time05715
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Mich., is a full-service community bank with branches across the state. Chartered in 1987, today Flagstar is one of the largest savings banks in the country. It also is a mortgage powerhouse, making home loans nationwide and ranking as one of the largest mortgage originators in the country. It also is a major servicer of home loans.
Flagstar Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Flagstar Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please e-mail
or call (248) 312-2000 to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For more information:
Member FDIC/Equal Housing Lender