Revenue Recognition Manager Jacksonville, FL/en-US/BKC/job/Jacksonville-FL/Revenue-Recognition-Manager_21-91-2/apply Position:
Revenue Recognition Manager Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Direct/Manage/Supervise one or more accounting teams. Ensure organizational adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements. Ensure timely preparation and review of all required regulatory filings. Advise in annual budgeting and prepare accounting reports for executive leadership. Review work submitted by accountants and manage accounting close processes. Perform analysis on organizational or business unit financial and accounting metrics for presentation to leadership.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the development, analysis, and application of standards of an accounting unit.
- May participate in the most complex accounting projects.
- General responsibility for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Assign and audit the work of the accounting department.
- Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews contracts and applies GAAP in the determination of the appropriate revenue recognition.
- Completes the revenue recognition documentation for contracts as required. Acts as a consultant to the business divisions on the expected contract revenue recognition based on the proposed contract structure and terms.
- Coordinates the completion of Standard Selling Price analyses as required.
- Coordinates the completion of revenue footnote disclosures within quarterly and annual financial statements Coordinates and works closely with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of quarterly review and annual audit procedures. Maintains and administers an effective control environment over the external financial reporting process.
- Documents and/or updates policies and procedures as needed.
- Assists with assessment and implementation of future accounting initiatives
Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Responsible for the supervision of accounting professionals
- Oversees calculating, posting, verifying, and typing duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records
- Leads most day to day operations of group
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory
- Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, and Power Point software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Staffing
- Knowledge in Forecasting
- Skill in Financial Planning and Strategy
- Skill in Strategic Planning
- Skill in Financial Diagnosis
- Quality Management
- Dealing with Complexity
- Ability to lead under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
- Managing Processes
Intermediate managerial role. Manages the coordination of the activities of a section within the department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies and handles all employee-related issues (i.e. annual and interim reviews, goal setting and merit increases and if necessary employee actions). Escalates and works with Human Resources on employee-related performance issues to determine corrective action plans. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Typically requires five (5) or more years of financial management experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Jacksonville, FL Time Type:
Full timePosted 14 Days AgoFull time21-91 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness