Marketing Project Manager I Jacksonville, FL/en-US/BKC/job/Jacksonville-FL/Marketing-Project-Manager-I_20-88/apply Position:
Marketing Project Manager I Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for various aspects of assigned marketing projects, including emails, client communications, sales materials, PowerPoint presentations and event planning. Typically involves interactions with cross-functional teams of various functional areas of the business.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of marketing projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities that include identifying business needs and goals, existing materials, supporting documentation, and any other necessary information as needed.
- Ensures requirements for projects follow operational standards. Develop alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Executes on approved marketing plans, project scope, activities schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Coordinates email automation projects and routes sales leads through CRM.
- Coordinates marketing activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standard standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g. deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- May serve as liaison between internal organizations, as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Conduct project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project deliverables and ongoing activities.
- Identifies project management coordination gaps or areas of improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated skill in managing projects, budgets and timelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Knowledge of standard marketing concepts, practices and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, clients, etc.)
- Ability to write and edit copy
- Ability to interact effectively with management and executive level employees
- Ability to set clear expectations and help build high morale among team members
- Willingness to assist others in the department and the company, focus on team work
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Entry level role requiring basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of principles in project management. Generally manages small projects (i.e., approximately 1,000 to 3,000 project hours with a team of 5 25 team members, an internal cost of $100,000 to $300,000 and a project duration of 3 to 6 months) of medium risk and complexity. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three (3) years of work experience managing projects in financial services or a related industry OR in a related subject matter (e.g., finance/accounting, marketing, sales, business planning, business operations) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Jacksonville, FL Time Type:
Full timePosted YesterdayFull time20-88 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness