Loss Mitigation Processor/Specialist
Loss Mitigation Processor Escalation Specialist - Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville, FL/en-US/flagstar/job/Jacksonville-FL/Loss-Mitigation-Processor-Escalation-Specialist---Jacksonville--FL_05969/apply
Loss Mitigation Processor Escalation Specialist - Jacksonville, FL
The Loss Mitigation Processor Escalation Specialist is an advanced subject matter expert and will timely review borrower loss mitigation applications and manage the notification process to ensure compliance with regulatory and investor/insurer requirements for all loss mitigation related programs. The escalation specialist is a leader on the team and can act as the backup to the underwriting supervisor.
Perform Loss Mitigation Underwriter ES Role. Role requires the ability to perform multiple functions throughout the Loss Mitigation process under limited supervision, including:
- Responsible for resolving complex/complicated exceptions to the standard loss mitigation process
- Provide consistent communication to the team regarding daily work goals, expectations, and any policy and/or process changes.
- Oversee daily team operations; provide guidance and direction in daily work flow and volume.
- Effectively train employees to adhere to the requirements established by default servicing operations
- Receives, reviews, and documents loss mitigation applications and trailing documents
- Validates whether loss mitigation applications are complete or incomplete
- Responsible for generating timely correspondence to the borrower of missing or required documentation to continue the loss mitigation review
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements, investor/insurer guidelines and other relevant time frames required to determine borrower eligibility for a loss mitigation workout
- Understand key performance and risk indicators in the Loss Mitigation Process, and how individual role contributes to meeting or exceeding these goals;
- Maintain and practice sound judgment in all aspects of role
- Reinforces culture of shared ownership and accountability for results.
- Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in class default servicing oversight operation.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstars internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
- 8+ years default mortgage financial services experience, required in Loss Mitigation required
- Advanced subject matter expertise in Loss Mitigation required
- 5+ Years Understanding of Mortgage Servicing and Mortgage Servicing Regulation (TCPA, FDCPA, FCRA) and Regulators (OCC, FRB, CFPB, GSE, HUD) preferred
- Self-Driven, Personally Accountable Personality
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills. Specifically an ability with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
- Ability to handle high production volume and answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Confident and efficient work approach with a customer focus
Internal Use Only: Job Band: I-Hourly
Posted TodayFull time05969
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Mich., is a full-service community bank with branches across the state. Chartered in 1987, today Flagstar is one of the largest savings banks in the country. It also is a mortgage powerhouse, making home loans nationwide and ranking as one of the largest mortgage originators in the country. It also is a major servicer of home loans.
Flagstar Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Flagstar Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please e-mail
or call (248) 312-2000 to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For more information:
Member FDIC/Equal Housing Lender