Global Equity Derivatives - Exotics Team Lead
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
As part of Deutsche Bank's Smart Sourcing strategy CB&S has transitioned its Equity Operations Support to Jacksonville. This has created a core trade capture / support hub in Jacksonville which has been built out to provide support across multiple locations and all areas within Equities: * To lead a team responsible for all trade capture, lifecycle maintenance, & related controls for complex multi-leg structures typically characterized as Exotic or Corporate deals
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
Job Title: Global Equity Derivatives - Exotics Team Lead
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Deutsche Bank is a leading provider of financial services and products to the global hedge fund industry, providing global access, seamless coverage and multi-asset financing or risk management solutions.
The Global Equity Derivatives platform provides Exotic and Flow Derivative products to our clients to explore new markets and asset classes, providing trading and risk management solutions. This is a Middle office function for the Trade Services Team within the CIB Operations organization.
This will be a highly specialized role where you will be responsible for enhancing the service delivery capabilities of the Trade Services function, including Trade Capture / Support and Lifecycle functions. You will also be responsible for delivering change on multiple fronts, monitoring FOBO / FOFO break profile, and acting as a control liaison between the different groups under the Global Equity Derivatives umbrella.
As part of Deutsche Bank's Smart Sourcing strategy CB&S has transitioned its Equity Operations Support to Jacksonville. This has created a core trade capture / support hub in Jacksonville which has been built out to provide support across multiple locations and all areas within Equities:
- To lead a team responsible for all trade capture, lifecycle maintenance, & related controls for complex multi-leg structures typically characterized as Exotic or Corporate deals
- Ensure that we have key drivers and indicators across the Support function so that performance can be measured. Implement predictive measures to manage the operational risk effectively
- Analysis of control environment to ensure that all existing controls are adequate and effective
- Interpret regulatory changes to ensure that Trade Services is able to adapt to the changes
- Provide RTB expertise for complex issue resolution (that may not be covered in training manuals)
- Provide guidance for the RTB team on how to manage special events and corporate actions, such as Triple Witching, Russell rebalance, mergers, etc. from a front-to-back perspective
- Responsible for delivering training, as part of the career path development of staff, this will include imparting training , drafting and reviewing training materials, where applicable working with external vendors
- Take RTB ownership for the implementation of major platform enhancements and technological changes, providing input into BRDs, reviewing test cases for UAT etc
- You will be responsible for adapting processes and functions in the line, as the technology changes
- Work with the On-Shore management to help drive any process enhancements across all CIB infrastructures.
- Periodical review of front to back flows, to ensure any enhancement opportunities are looked into
- Provide input from a technical perspective on products as well as process flows
- Previous Middle Office experience in Equity Derivatives Middle Office functions, preferably with a major investment banking player
- Strong understanding of global financial market products (especially Equity derivatives)
- Experience in trade capture, settlements, lifecycle maintenance, and reconciliations across different products preferred as you will be required to know the full trade life cycle process
- Appreciation of changes in the regulatory requirements across the major financial markets
- You should be an ambitious individual looking for a challenging role to build a strong organization capable of delivering best in class Middle Office support to a global trading environment
- Adaptable and culturally aware
- Experience of working in a global environment preferable
- Strong knowledge / experience of front to back Investment Banking environment (trade capture to balance sheet)
- Strong knowledge / experience of Equity, Prime Finance, and Derivatives Products and market conventions (including knowledge of the Greek Risks & related P&L)
- Experience of operating at a senior level with decision making capabilities
- Proven ability to own and develop successful relationships with front office and/or external clients
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Strong team player with integrity
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritizes responsibilities, and escalates issues as necessary
- Excellent command of the English language