Director of Technology
Technology Strategy Director Jacksonville, FL/en-US/BKC/job/Jacksonville-FL/Technology-Strategy-Director_19-1398/apply Position:
Technology Strategy Director Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Defines and provides the strategic technology vision for Black Knight products, and delivers and communicates the vision internally and externally. Develops an evolving implementation plan with appropriate frameworks and support infrastructure to enable product developers to deliver innovative products in support of Black Knight vision.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands the strategic direction of the enterprise, assigned business segment(s) and the supporting IT systems and architectures.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technological trends and utilizes this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better technology solutions that support and drive business decisions.
- Provides strategic input to the executive management team for the technology direction for the division, business segment and/or enterprise.
- Assists in the definition of the architecture and technology needs of the organization based on new and emerging technologies, and establishes priorities and strategies consistent with business goals and economic viability.
- Establishes foundation architecture for organization to standardize on hardware and software usage. Develops an evolving implementation plan that provides application developers with appropriate frameworks and support infrastructure, enabling them to deliver innovative products consistent with the vision.
- Serves as a consultant and advisor to senior IT leadership on advanced technologies and evaluates the business impact through cost/benefit analysis.
- Recommends and incorporates technology with long-term business plans.
- Transfers knowledge of key learnings throughout the enterprise, and establishes and communicates strategic and technological plans.
- Champions introduction of new architecture assets that have an impact across the enterprise. Directs the requirements, resources, research, business case development and adoption among multiple groups and levels in the enterprise.
- Engages in strategic solution design with cross-functional teams, focusing on integration, best practices and enterprise re-use.
- Reviews and escalates identified architectural risks and interdependencies to applications and products in project implementations and design proposals.
- Anticipates technological trends and introduces changes in development methodologies and modeling techniques into the enterprise.
- Leads the definition of future architecture initiatives for application and deployment systems, and defines the migration path from current to future application architecture.
- Directs the development of design standards for enterprise and system architecture.
- Provides leadership for the creation of new infrastructures, frameworks, and/or design paradigms, maximizing reusability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Provides strategic direction of emerging technology assessment and implementation.
- Leads and develops the technical professionals to ensure career growth and achievement of organizational goals, including interim and annual performance reviews.
- Manages the work efforts of supervisors/individual contributors with responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging IT technologies and trends
- 5+ years of prior BKI Technology Strategy experience required
- Broad knowledge of network and computing devices, operating systems, systems development, and information systems architecture
- Broad knowledge of systems hardware, configuration, operations, and administration
- Broad knowledge of network topologies, protocols, design, and architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences; excellent ability to clearly articulate strategic benefits and value propositions to executives/senior management
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proven ability to interact well with all levels of the enterprise
- Ability to mentor others on resource management and lead others through effective and efficient problem solving
Technology Strategy Director
Senior level management role. Typically responsible for leading the technology strategy for one or more business segments or throughout the enterprise. Ensures operations effectively achieve business and technology objectives. Ensures budgets and schedules meet business segment/corporate requirements. Regularly interacts with executives. May direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several managers and senior managers. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Works closely with executives on departmental issues. Has very wide latitude for decision-making. Typically requires more than ten (10) years of broad and progressively more responsible information technology experience with at least seven (7) years of experience managing large, strategic technology projects.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Jacksonville, FL Time Type:
Full timePosted 3 Days AgoFull time19-1398 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness