Compliance Program Vice President/Manager
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? VP, Compliance Program Manager Location US-FL-Jacksonville Job ID 31924 # Positions 1 Job Family Compliance - COO/CAO/Business Management Type Full-Time
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Compliance Program Manager (“CPM”) supports the Head of Compliance Management Systems (CMS) in implementing, administering, maintaining and coordinating all aspects of CIT Bank's compliance framework by ensuring that all program elements are synchronized and compliant with applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements). CPM leads a coordinated, consistent and disciplined approach regarding regulatory compliance risk management that enables CIT to manage reputational and regulatory compliance risks and to protect the interest of its shareholders, while ensuring that the needs of internal and external stakeholders are met. Achievement will be measured in part by audit and examination results and by the performance of the following duties.
- Support the CPM across Compliance Management Systems by providing guidance and direction and coordinating CMS team activities (development of reports to support activities, updates on oversight activities, interactions with the risk assessments, training, assurance activities, customer complaints, new activities and other CMS responsibilities, etc.)
- Support the development of the CMS projects, initiatives, plans and strategic compliance goals
- Coordinate Compliance Policy and where appropriate annual procedure updates
- Coordinate and manage internal audits and external examinations in conjunction with Regulatory Relations including exam preparations, presentations and coordinating requests and responses
- Partner with Compliance Advisory Team and other subject matter experts on program activities and maintenance and enhancement of the existing processes
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Provide reporting for leaders on program evaluation activities as directed
- Develop or recommend new or enhanced tools for CMS to gain efficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent banking compliance related experience required
- Minimum 10 to 15 Banking Compliance Experience with an expertise in Fair Lending
- Must have a deep knowledge of Fair Lending regulations and an understanding of consumer and small business banking industry.
- Subject matter expertise in fair lending, mortgage and consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of fair lending laws, regulations and federal examination standards.
- Testing, audit or investigation experience desirable, especially related to bank lending practices and/or fair lending and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal/nonverbal and interpersonal and report development/presentation skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of retail banking operations and lending processes.
- Ability to drive change efficiently and collaboratively across an organization
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: