Client Due Diligence (KYC) Assurance - Vice President
Position Overview Job Title
: Client Due Diligence (KYC) Assurance Corporate Title
: Vice President Location:
Jacksonville, FL Business Description
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 745bn of assets under management (as of June 2019). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer professionals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients.
Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach. DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team. Overview
As Client Due Diligence (KYC) Assurance you will act as an escalation point and will represent the Client Due Diligence (CDD) team in front of senior stakeholders from the Business, AML (Anti-Money Laundering)/Compliance, and others. As a CDD Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be responsible for providing CDD/KYC training to different stakeholders within DWS. The SME will also advise on local regulatory requirements and market practices on (AML) and CDD topics, and assist in updating the respective procedures. The Assurance team will have a direct impact on the Firm's ability to detect and avoid unnecessary financial crime risk. What We Offer You:
Your Key Responsibilities:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS's specialized employee groups
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Your Skills and Experience:
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of the relevant DWS and Deutsche Bank Group policies and regulatory environment to ensure all policies, procedures, and data sensitivity guidelines are followed and to the highest quality standards
- Provide training on DWS KYC policies and procedures
- Support gap assessment of revised policies and in updating the KYC Key Operating Document
- Advise on local regulatory AML requirements and industry best-practices
- Cooperate with Global CDD Assurance team on Global CDD Projects
How You'll Lead:
- Financial services/banking experience, including KYC/Financial Crimes Compliance experience
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end KYC and client on-boarding processes including a thorough understanding of the Control, Compliance, and Investigation functions within the financial services industry
- Awareness and practical application of AML/KYC regulations and industry guidelines (FSA, JMLSG, EU Anti-Money Laundering Directives, MiFID II, USA PATRIOT Act, US Bank Secrecy Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and UK Bribery Act), including possible implications of sanctions for financial institutions (OFAC, HM Treasury, EU and UN Sanctions)
- The ability to utilize your own area of expertise and knowledge to contribute to improvements in operational processes and policies; combine subject matter expertise and be able to transfer knowledge to colleagues
- High quality educational background (university degree); CAMS designation or equivalent is desired
- Sustain a culture of teamwork and collective achievement of department goals and objectives across global CDD Assurance Team
- Encourage a positive and professional working environment while providing CDD Advisory support to the regional Client Due Diligence Team
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.