AML Transaction Monitoring QA
- Jacksonville, FL, USA Jacksonville FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
The AML Transaction Monitoring QA is responsible for reviews of surveillance items flagged as potentially suspicious transactions, potential adverse media or PEP matches and items flagged as potential matched to designation targets and prohibited persons list. The QC Analyst is also responsible for validating the research conducted by the FCI Transaction Monitoring Analysts and ensuring all Deutsche Bank policies and procedures as well as regulatory rules were followed.
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
Job Title: AML Transaction Monitoring Quality Check Analyst
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Deutsche Bank is committed to the highest standards of control in the areas of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) and Anti-Fraud (collectively referred to as Anti-Financial Crime). All employees are required to adhere to these standards to protect the Bank and our reputation from those who may intend to use our products and services for illegal purposes including, but not necessarily limited to, money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or Terrorist Financing.
The purpose of the AML Financial Crime Investigations (FCI) team is to ensure that the systems it is tasked with surveilling are at all times being used in accordance with the legal and regulatory Anti-Money Laundering framework within the Americas and to escalate issues of concern to AML Management in a timely manner. This includes the manual escalations from multiple areas such as the Business Intelligence Unit (BIU), Anti-Bribery & Corruption Team (ABC), Business Line AML, and any Unusual Activity Reports.
The AML Transaction Monitoring Quality Check Analyst is responsible for reviews of surveillance items flagged as potentially suspicious transactions, potential adverse media or PEP matches and items flagged as potential matched to designation targets and prohibited persons list.
The QC Analyst is also responsible for validating the research conducted by the FCI Transaction Monitoring Analysts and ensuring all Deutsche Bank policies and procedures as well as regulatory rules were followed.
The position will report to the AVP Team Lead within Financial Crimes Investigations Unit - Quality Check Team.
- Present findings to the team manager in a concise and well written manner and if needed, orally present the same
- Samples and validates the completeness and accuracy of AML/AFC related cases using independent research, pulling documentation and interpreting written narratives
- Using independent judgment, provides review of AFC/AML related policies and procedures and suggests enhancements that meet internal and all regulatory standards
- Identify suspicious activity through information escalated from lines of business and through review of system generated alerts and reports
- Gather evidence supporting a reasonable suspicion of money laundering, organized crime or terrorist financing activities involving customers of Deutsche Bank Correspondent clients. Articulate recommendations in surveillance applications
- Understand business and regulatory requirements and ensure functions are being performed in those requirements
- Collaborate with the various AML workflow teams to ensure synergy and proper communication of various process changes/recommendations
- Conduct thorough transaction monitoring utilizing Deutsche Bank AML systems to detect any activity indicative of money laundering or other suspicious activity
- Based on the research findings, the analyst must determine whether the activity was considered consistent or unusual and provide a comprehensive written justification for the case conclusion
- Activity deemed unusual, negative or suspicious must be escalated in accordance with procedure and the analyst decision of the same must be thoroughly explained
- Identify and understand transactional patterns and understand complex financial transfers
- Ensure all OFAC - SDN - Embargo rules are followed and any violations found are escalated accordingly
- Maintain a comprehension of internal AML procedures relating to correspondent Bank clients
- Remain abreast of new rules, regulations and reputation risks to provide input for updates to current policies and procedures including US/EU Sanctioned/Embargoed countries
- Must be forward thinking and remain aware of upcoming trends in the industry to mitigate any risk to the Bank
- Reviews check activity for possible structuring, fraud or violations of CTR requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience as an AML investigator in a transaction monitoring capacity or equivalent experience or education
- Ability to identify, escalate and communicate issues to management in an effective and succinct manner
- Effective decision making skills and strong problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of AML laws (USA PATRIOT Act), Regulations (Fed, SEC, FINRA) and their application to the supported products/business lines
- Experience with KYC, Due Diligence, and AML a plus
- Experienced with Mantas, Norkom and Actimize is preferred
- Good team player with the ability to manage the team's workload and their own
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experienced knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting
- Working knowledge of effective internet search techniques
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, judgment, and research skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- CAMS certification is a plus
For candidates applying for positions in the US: