- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
SUMMARY: The Business Banker is primarily responsible for generating and maintaining portfolios of business loans and deposits, as well as providing client service, cross-sales and retention of inherited and acquired bank relationships, while working with the Portfolio Manager(s) to manage a portfolio of credit relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Originates and grows a portfolio of business (credit and depository) relationships to achieve stated individual goals via: a) full adoption and implementation of BankUnited's direct origination structured sales process, b) active participation in the BankUnited Alliance initiative, c) utilization of Centers of Influence and Networking Sources (COINS), d) community involvement, and e) exemplary "BRIDGES" service ensuring client retention and expansion.
* Develops intimate knowledge of assigned geographic territory to identify, research, maintain and work a list of "top 25" prospective clients for the target segment (and COINS) for each assigned branch geography.
* Manages a portfolio of inherited and originated credit and depository relationships, with a focus on: a) exceptional client service, and b) proactive portfolio management / credit quality through the Structured Credit Process.
* Demonstrates proficiency in initiating the client credit application process through high-impact prospect calls, prompt & complete financial data collection from prospective clients, pre-screening credit opportunities with Sales Team Manager and Credit Administration via accurate completion of Business Banker Memo and Global Cash Flow.
* Delivers credit and non-credit product proposals, prepares for same with pre-call planning and joint calling techniques, takes a needs-dialogue approach to delivering client solutions, demonstrates independent ability to overcome objections & problem solve, and convert incremental business opportunities to BankUnited.
* Works closely with Portfolio Manager to ensure financial reporting requirements are obtained and reviewed in a timely manner, early problem identification is taking place, quarterly portfolio reviews are conducted on sampled credit relationships, loans with deteriorating credit trends are identified early and escalated to management and credit administration.
Business Banker I, II or III Job Description Page 2 of 4
* Possesses proficient knowledge of BankUnited credit policy, as well as credit and non-credit products the organization offers to prospective and existing clients.
* Achieves client and prospective client calling objectives.
* Utilizes bank contact management system to retain prospective client names and records, as well as standard bank templates (such as term sheet template).
* Attends and actively participates in regularly scheduled division meetings and on-going training.
* Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure full "cross-sale" penetration of client relationship.
* Works in corroboration with teammates and bank partners to escalate their level of performance within the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Business Banker I - Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and three years related Sales Banking experience and/or Credit training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Business Banker II - Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and three to five years Business Banking experience. Must also demonstrate consistent sales skills and results relative to goals and extensive knowledge and implementation of sound credit risk/portfolio management skills.
Business Banker III - Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and five to seven years Business Banking experience. Must also demonstrate consistent above-average sales skills and results relative to goals and expert level knowledge and implementation of sound credit risk/portfolio management skills.