Senior Internal Auditor
- Egypt Lake-Leto, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 20 Mar 19
At this Fortune 500 company you will be working directly with the Director of Internal Audit.
Fortune 500 company that is expanding their internal audit department in Tampa Florida
- Plan audit to focus on higher risk areas based upon analytic work done up front and communications with relevant parties. Continually re-evaluate this assessment while in the field and respond as appropriate. Identify procedural breakdowns and contributes sound recommendations for improvements in controls, operating efficiency and/or profit enhancement.
- Relate observed facts to causes within assigned audit areas and develops a logical sequence of findings.
- Meet with business unit personnel to discuss initial findings, verify facts, obtain explanations and explore improvement opportunities
- Prepare draft audit findings and opportunities in report format and obtain and evaluate management's action plan in response to findings.
- Prepare thorough and organized work papers that provide a good audit trail including tests and supporting documents.
- Keep current with technical and professional knowledge, actively pursues new skills and knowledge to prepare for additional responsibilities
- Assist with investigations of allegations of violations of the Company's code of conduct
- Serve as a conduit for best business and accounting practices among the business units
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting
- Two - four years audit experience in a "Big 4" public accounting firm, including prior experience with leading audit engagements (whether as an Acting Senior or in a similar capacity)
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Ability to travel extensively
- Strong understanding of general business systems, practices and control techniques.
- Ability to independently review, analyze and develop recommendations in functional areas (e.g. accounting, finance, engineering, marketing, etc) going beyond the pure execution of audit program steps and draw conclusions as to management's effectiveness in maintain a sound control environment. Identify any impact on initial risk assessment profile based upon findings and determine and carry out level of follow up work required to ensure results are properly reflected in results submission to Group and Corporate.
- Computer proficiency, including expertise with spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate effectively through personal discussions, oral presentations and written reports.
Paid Relocation and Competitive Base Salary