Responsible for the review and evaluation of group underwriting for both new and renewal business. Directly or indirectly involved in more difficult rating calculations and collaboration with senior leadership. This is an individual contributor role but also heavily involved in the mentorship of junior underwriters.
- Review all data related to the risk to determine appropriate benefit amounts and cost
- Use in-house workflow management tools and record all thought processes throughout
- Conducts research to secure additional data needed to make determinations on benefits and premiums.
- Analyze requests for policy adjustments and determine eligibility
- Continually communicates with sales, brokers and other sources concerning underwriting decisions and procedures