Associate Branch Manager
Exists to help drive profitable growth for assigned advisors in a small geography or within a large office by leading, coaching and developing advisors; creating a compelling business plan emphasizing GDC growth, Client Acquisition and Financial Planning; ensuring increased advisor retention, tenure and productivity; driving revenue and asset growth; optimizing resources for the advisors in consideration of local demographics, advisor abilities and prudent use of corporate resources. Responsibilities
• Develop book of business and drive personal practice growth. Generate leads for personal practice. Approach prospects, asking for referrals, approaching natural market, making community connections. Facilitate effective sales meetings, holding workplace/corporate seminars. Lead clients through Financial Planning processes and tools. Service the client: present solutions by analyzing client cases, reviewing service products, business transactions.
• Lead and coach assigned advisors in a small geography or within a large office to increase asset gathering and productivity. Identify teaming opportunities for assigned advisors and where appropriate facilitate partnerships. Assist in the development and training of advisors abilities on core skills of: driving high value client acquisition including referral, implementing a financial planning practice, driving sales implementation with clients.
• Ensure assigned advisors have consistent systems/tools/support to effectively manage their business within the Ameriprise business model. Implement and manage PMP and PIP for advisors as necessary. Partner with their Branch Manager to drive growth and results for assigned advisors. Focus on strategies to drive advisor retention.
• When necessary provide operational support for the office / assigned advisors. Leverage corporate resources (RSDs, RSMs) to increase advisor competency at delivering the client experience through client acquisition, financial planning, ongoing relationship management and product implementation. Ensure advisors adhere to the firm's policies and procedures and conduct business in ethical manner.
• Active in local community through building COIs, growing personal network, etc. Build centers of influence through FPA, community involvement, industry seminars, etc. Work with leader to target recruits including but not limited to EAR, and advisor practice acquisitions. Understand and clearly articulate Ameriprise value proposition to external candidates.
• Weekly to bi-weekly 1:1s with advisors in branch. Biweekly results review with Branch Manager or Complex Director (key metrics, high potential advisors, etc.) Required Qualifications
• Obtain and maintain appropriate registrations to provide oversight on broker/dealer operations and develop advisor training.
• Active FINRA Series 7.
• Active State Securities Agent Registration (S63 or 66).
• Active Life, Accident/Health, and Variable Contracts insurance licenses.
• Maintain Investment Advisor Representative registration in investment advisor representative states with a place of business (Series 65 or 66).
• 3+ years of people management and 4+ years of professional experience. Excellent compliance record and knowledge of compliance requirements. Preferred Qualifications
• 3-5 years of leadership experience with influencing skills, outstanding relationship management.
• 3-5 years of demonstrated sales success with proven ability to acquire clients and close business.
• Experience coaching and motivating others.
• Strategic focus with ability to translate vision into tactical.