- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President, Risk Policy Officer
Vice President, Risk Policy Officer
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18064340
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The Collections and Recovery Risk team's mission is to help customers bring their accounts current or fairly resolve their debt. The Collections and Recovery Risk team owns strategy and policy and partners closely with the Operations and Technology teams on implementation and execution.
This position is within the Branded Cards Collections Loss Mitigation Treatment Programs team. Team is seeking a candidate to manage pre charge-off loss mitigation treatment programs (including re-age, forbearance and/or settlement programs) and loss recognition / charge-off controls for Brands ex Costco, Costco, consumer and business cards. This role provides the opportunity to influence senior leaders regarding strategic focus, and key priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the financial and non-financial effectiveness of current loss mitigation treatment policies and programs. Includes completing P&L analysis and using CHAID / CART methodologies to de-average performance.
- Leading data analysis to identify opportunities for strategy optimization. Developing hypothesis and designing champion/challenger tests. Translating results into recommendation and securing all necessary approvals for implementation.
- Creating system requirements and overseeing implementation for new loss mitigation treatment strategies and tests.
- Ensuring that loss recognition / charge-off controls and monitoring are robust and fully compliant with regulatory guidance and Citi policies.
- Working with cross functional teams to investigate and resolve identified issues and to strengthen controls for strategy and treatment eligibility decisions.
- Providing support for regulatory exams audits and reviews. Representing Collections and Recovery Risk Management on inter-departmental projects.
- Bachelor's Degree required in statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics, or related quantitative discipline. MBA/MS preferred.
- 5+ years of analytics experience using quantitative analysis. Credit card experience preferred, but not required. Collections or Recovery experience is a plus.
- Experience in data analytics with strong working knowledge of at least one of the following software packages: SAS (preferred) SPSS, or some equivalent. Experience with SQL programming is preferred.
- Candidate should have a strong results focus, financial acumen, problem solving, data analysis, communication and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize actions and drive results.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and written/verbal communications skills.
- Ability to create strong relationships / networks and to create support and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders