Vice President, Accounting Policy and Disclosures
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Are you interested in building a dynamic career with the world's largest asset manager? Do you have a passion for accounting policy and are you eager to use your knowledge of GAAP and IFRS to make an impact every single day? Do you like working at a forward-thinking industry leader where you can learn from, hands-on leaders in finance and technology?
We want individuals like you who strive to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come be a part of our team and experience what it feels like to make a difference.
As a VP, Accounting Policy and Disclosures, you will work closely with the Director of Accounting Policy to define and document accounting policies and related financial statement disclosures for the BlackRock funds. You will be responsible for reviewing and/or documenting policies related to funds and products that report in US GAAP and IFRS (US Retail, iShares, US CTFs and US Alternative Investments. Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with various accounting and reporting teams on implementation of new standards
- Coordinate reviews of new and existing policies with external auditors
- Monitor for changes to accounting standards, evaluate impacts and identify required responses
- Perform research and provide consultation on technical accounting and disclosure issues, as necessary
- Participate in accounting and industry group activities, as appropriate
- Review certain marketing/technical materials for distribution to shareholders and clients
- Maintain strong working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders including standard setters, audit firms, legal counsel and Corporate Finance.
- Evaluate financial statements for consistency across BlackRock
- Educate team members on accounting standards including participating in SOX education
- Monitor industry publications and circulate relevant industry updates to the accounting and reporting teams
- Coordinate with audit firms to provide industry insights
- Manage central repository for policies and disclosure standards
TO ENSURE SUCCESS, YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- CPA and/or 5+ years of relevant public accounting experience preferred;
- 5-10 years of Investment Company GAAP/financial reporting and/or Investment Company accounting policy;
- Functional knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, Investment Advisers Act and Regulation S-X;
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory issues affecting the mutual fund industry, including generally accepted accounting principles;
- Investment accounting experience in international funds, complex derivatives, complex fixed income, money market, closed-end funds.
Lastly, your need to take ownership and accountability coupled with your strong analytical skills and attention to detail will add to your success. Stellar communication skills, including your gift to clearly articulate results of financial analyses to a diverse audience, including senior managers and auditors, will set you apart. Your problem solving capabilities and your capacity to work within a team environment will get you noticed.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.