- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP, Risk Policy Lead
VP, Risk Policy Lead
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18072075
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• Own policy, strategy and risk oversight for bankruptcy, deceased, SCRA, debt settlement agency (DSA) accounts and other specialty recovery segments.
• Own Recovery policy and strategy work for any portfolio purchases (ex. Costco in 2016) and system conversions.
• Partner with Operations, Compliance, Legal and Independent Risk to complete gap assessment for new laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, court decisions, industry consent orders and company policy changes and then lead or co-lead work to address any gaps.
• Provide specialty recovery policy and strategy support for regulatory exams, internal audis and reviews.
• Lead investigation, assessment and remediation of Risk owned bankruptcy, deceased or SCRA issues.
• Partner with Operations and Loss Forecasting to investigate and explain any bankruptcy or deceased trend changes
- Bachelor's Degree required in statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics, or related quantitative discipline. MBA/MS is highly desirable
- 4-5 years' experience in financial, economics or other analytical capacity (or 2-3+ years' experience with Master's Degree or PhD)
- Strategic and project management capabilities coupled with strong analytic and financial acumen.
- Proficient with SAS/SQL or experience with data manipulation tools; knowledge of MS Office required
- Experience in consumer lending business and/or risk management is preferred but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with ability to connect analytics to business decisions; comfortable presenting to peers and management
- Extremely detail-oriented and possess intellectual curiosity