- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP, Loss Forecasting Risk Manager
VP, Loss Forecasting Risk Manager
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18050508
Individual will work within Financial Forecasting team for Citi Branded Cards Risk Management. The group is specifically tasked with calculating and managing the cost of credit, working within the risk appetite framework and supporting CCAR business interaction on a +$85BN portfolio. The group collaborates with Risk, Operations, Products, Accounting Policy, Global Policy, Finance, and External Auditors.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Build and maintain Product and vintage loss forecast across various PPM and Cobrand portfolios.
- Reconcile detailed financial data from disparate data sources for each of the covered portfolios. Produce summary documents, presentations and memos provided to regulators, business leaders and external auditors.
- Evaluate loss forecast model methodologies, monitor portfolio performance metrics and synthesize analysis for presentation to management. Produce ad-hoc reports for internal business partners. Manage process flow and versioning control.
- Integrate with the Global Experience teams to identify risk, assess controls, and work with the business to close control gaps through root-cause analysis and control design
- Document processes, risks, and controls, assess level of risk, and assist with developing testing and monitoring. Influence necessary improvements where controls are deemed insufficient
- Gain insight into business practices and processes through discussion, meetings, process reviews, and other mechanisms. Provide risk/control guidance through formal and informal mechanisms
- Communicate control-related requirements, industry guidance, and new/updated policies and processes
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree strongly preferred; MBA or CPA preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years with financial models, with a preference for work in auditing, forecasting/capacity planning , accounting or credit risk management
- Ability to develop and perform Financial and Risk analysis that addresses concerns and issues, and ability to present them to management and external auditors with a clear and concise approach.
- Attention to detail, experience in auditing, accounting or financial statement analysis
Advanced usage of Excel required, proficiency in PowerPoint, Word required, desire to learn or knowledge of SAS/SQL and Essbase preferred.
- Strong desire to proactively identify gaps and improve the status quo. Strong business and technical writing skills - ability to independently produce high-quality business memoranda and technical documents
- Ability to work with senior managers to help build consensus to address difficult and complex business needs, Ability to manage complex processes and deliver results within compressed timelines, Ability to develop partnerships across multiple business and functional areas.
Leadership Competencies expected:
- Flexibility to work well with varying personal styles
- Develops strong working relationships that foster cooperation and respect
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels of management
- Senior executive interactions, can present credibly to both large and small groups
Key Collaboration Points will include:
- Senior leadership within Branded Cards business
- Leadership team across Global Risk and Regional Risk
- Heavy engagement with internal Finance and Collections Operations teams
- Close interactions with Risk policy areas and other cross-functional Risk teams
Government regulators (Federal Reserve, OCC), Internal and external auditors