VP- Fraud Strategy Digital Authentication Manager
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 12 Nov 18
About Fraud Strategy & Analytics The Fraud S&A team is responsible for the development of fraud risk strategy, analytics, and the fraud control framework for Barclaycard's US portfolio. The team is responsible for on-going strategy delivery and implementation which includes effective delivery of budgeted fraud losses and the delivery of an industry leading Point of Sale customer experience.
The VP Fraud Strategy Digital Authentication Manager role is responsible for the effective oversight and end to end ownership of specific strategic initiatives on the Fraud change agenda, with specific focus on multi-product customer digital authentication. The VP Fraud Strategy Digital Authentication Manager will identify fraud save and customer experience opportunities, pinpoint a solution, and oversee the implementation of enhanced controls up to the point of anticipated benefit realization.
- Oversee and maintain accountability for all aspects of assigned strategic initiatives, with specific attention to digital authentication and account takeover risk for customers with one or more products
- Identify opportunities and initiate change to optimize all fraud tools and processes
- Escalate identified risks which may result in unacceptable fraud controls and losses
- Monitor fraud losses on a daily basis and take corrective action as required
- Conduct defect reviews of high fraud loss cases to identify any gaps in Fraud strategy, and develop broad strategies to address the trend
- Ensure accurate reporting of fraud performance and trends with recommended adjustments to controls and rules for assigned fraud loss types
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Build collaborative working relationships across a number of functional teams including Technology, Partnership, Customer Experience, and Operations to achieve objectives
- Effectively communicate key issues and ideas to stakeholders in a concise and organized manner
- Participate in relevant forums, providing concise feedback on progress, risk and issue management, financial tracking and best practice
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support senior leadership decision-making
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Utilize fraud subject matter expertise to effectively identify fraud trends and risks due to process gaps, working with a broad group to remediate and mitigate loss
- Assess fraud risk in all encountered situations and formulate an appropriate response to ensure Fraud operates in control and meets loss objectives
- Create innovative solutions to satisfy business requirements with supporting analysis where required
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Aptitude for data-driven decision making with a history of driving improvement and efficiency using data and technology
- Ability to see the 'whole picture' and recognize the impact and opportunities of activities across the organization
- Superior verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment and to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated sense of urgency, attention to detail, and ability to set and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think independently and question proposed plans
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7 years of fraud risk management/analytics experience in financial services, payments, or fintech
- Data abstraction knowledge spanning multiple technologies (SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc) with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
- Ability to facilitate discussions/meetings to drive out deliverables for programmes and projects
- Proven stakeholder management experience, and ability to effectively articulate strategies and performance metrics
- Ability to work in a collaborative and effective manner in a matrixed organization across multiple layers
- Previous experience in the implementation of mitigating controls and strategies regarding authentication and account takeover fraud
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.