Transition Coordinator Associate - DEL/SF
Description About this role
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $10 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference. Business Unit Overview:
The Transition Services function provides operational support for BlackRock's Transition Investment Management Team who manage revenue generating client portfolio restructure events in the US, EMEA & APAC regions. The team also provides a crucial role in supporting new client business wins across multiple investment strategies for the firm, including BlackRock product driven and strategic projects. Job Purpose/Background:
The successful individual will work within an established team in either San Francisco or Wilmington, Delaware. The team is responsible for facilitating cash and free-of-payment security transfer activities, in-kind contributions and redemptions for Collective Trust Funds, stand alone accounts and Retail Funds. Coordinating these various activities will see the successful candidate work in a "project manager" style in order to ensure the transition event is completed within the scope and timeframes required. The function is positioned within the Business Operations - Global Investment Operations - Transaction Management function. Key Responsibilities:
- Liaison with custodians and other fund management houses to ensure BlackRock has accurate information for client portfolios during the transition process to enable a smooth and timely event completion.
- Update of BlackRock internal systems to reflect security and cash transfers.
- Provision of instructions to Custodians, Fund Accountants and Transfer Agents to execute position movements, as required.
- Provision of information, and assistance, to Transition Managers and other Portfolio Managers to enable them to manage client investments in a risk controlled and efficient manner.
- Monitoring the settlement of free-of-payment trades and cash movements on client and Collective Trust Fund accounts.
- Ensuring the accurate tracking of corporate actions, loan returns and other in-flight trades taking place during transition activities.
- Liaison with Portfolio Compliance and Financial Crime teams to ensure that BlackRock is not in breach of regulatory, market, company or client guidelines.
- Attendance at client, consultant, custodian, internal meetings, conference calls and, where necessary, the initiation and lead thereof.
- Accurate recording and information retention for MIS, audit and regulatory purposes.
- Management and upkeep of BlackRock transition counterparty and provider relationships.
- Review and challenge of existing procedures to improve and rationalize where possible in response to a frequently changing environment and requirements.
- Transition Management business and associated processes
- Collective Trust Funds / Mutual Fund and related in-kind activities
- Free-of-Payment (FoP) trades, FoP SWIFT messaging and the transaction lifecycle
- Stamp Duty markets, Stamp Flags, Financial Transaction Taxes, in-kind fees and the collection thereof on FoP trades
- Cash & stock reconciliation processes and their importance during transition events
- Market transferability rules, Corporate Actions and their possible impact upon the transfer of assets
- Meaningful proven experience in the transitions or custody industry and/or BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Excel - Intermediate level
- Self starter who enjoys operating in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, who is capable of working as part of a distributed team.
- Creative individual, who possesses a passion for problem solving, is numerically proficient, has outstanding analytical skills and can think creatively
- Possess a results-oriented drive and technical insight to identify control gaps and drive operational improvement initiatives.
- An ability to work in collaboration with the distributed team
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Thorough attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task, work to challenging deadlines and prioritize while staying focused on risk mitigation
- Must have strong time management skills to meet critical deadlines in a fast- paced environment
Want to learn more?
- Extensive training opportunities within the BlackRock framework.
- Exposure to a full array of asset types (equity, fixed income, derivatives, pooled funds, ETFs, cash) and BlackRock products providing product knowledge opportunities.
- Extensive interaction with multiple internal and external partners including On-Boarding, Corporate Actions, Portfolio Compliance, Trade Operations, Cash & Stock Reconciliations, TRIM Restructure Portfolio Managers, various other Portfolio Manager groups, Strategic Product Group, Performance and Accounting Functions, Custodians, Transfer Agents and on some occasions Clients.
- Proven internal mobility track record.
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was harnessed for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client's objectives. Again, BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in their Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join their teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.