- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 11 Dec 18
This candidate will perform accounting functions associated with the Bank's internal and external financial reporting in Delaware. The individual in this position conducts financial analyses, prepares documentation for internal and external reporting, as well as works on other ad hoc accounting related projects.
Due to ongoing growth in the accounting department in Delaware, this investment firm is in search of an Accountant to join their team. The duties for the Staff Accountant position are as follows:
- Preparing budgets by collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Calculating budget vs actual variances and reporting significant issues to management
- Reviewing weekly bank reconciliations
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly investor financial reporting and distribution schedules
- Assisting with due diligence and financial analysis of investments for potential acquisition or disposition
- Perform monthly close and consolidation in accordance with departmental accounting processes, procedures and timelines.
- Complete, verify and validate monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Research and resolve variances and elevate issues to management as needed.
- Prepare supporting documentation for footnote disclosures ensuring that all reporting follows SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Research accounting rules and regulations pertaining to footnotes or other financial reporting information.
- Manage the posting and content of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Post, reconcile and review all entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Collect and analyze financial data as assigned. Discuss and prepare reports on findings.
- Prepare journal entries and accrual entries for balance sheet accounts
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules for review by the Assistant Controller
- Interact with vendors, auditors and tax advisers
- Review of general ledger activity and general ledger accounts
- Review of subsidiary ledgers and reconciliation to general ledger
- Reconciliation of inter-company account balances
- Recognizes and sets priorities with minimal direction
- Willing and able to work longer hours when required
- Assumes responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of tasks
- Flexible and responsive to the changing needs of the firm
- Capable of effectively interacting with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Has integrity and knows how to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Audit/ Accounting firm experience preferred
- Operate at a high level of excellence and quality
- Competitive base salary
- Promotions from within
- Challenging work environment of like-minded individuals
- Discretionary Performance Bonuses