Sr Mgr Customer and Market Insights - US Products & Payments
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 12 Dec 18
Sr Mgr Customer and Market Insights - US Products & Payments
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
The Product Group Manager - Customer and Market Insights is responsible for the understanding of Customer needs and continuous improvement of assigned company products, services and programs including features, benefits and characteristics that meet Customer needs and are priced to meet the company profit and loss objectives for the US Payments team.
• Serves as an expert providing foundational knowledge of Customer needs to guide decisions throughout the product definition and launch
• Develops methodology for identifying new Customer needs and advocates for new products or services to meet these needs to the benefit of the Customer
• Develops tools and models that would allow testing of customer adoption. Works with research management to ensure adoption goals, customer needs and that optimize risk/rewards.
• Acts as the voice of customer throughout the development and implementation process to ensure consistent alignment with customer research and voice.
• Focuses on trends / innovations in customer experience across all service and product verticals
• Identifies known and unknown customer needs through data interrogation, primary and secondary research
• Identifies gaps in customer experience in financial service offerings - both at TD and across the industry to develop opportunities to differentiate TD customer experience
• Provides vision, leadership and strategic guidance in developing and implementing Company products, services and programs including features, benefits and characteristics that meet customer needs and are priced to meet Company and shareholder objectives.
• Ensures effective ways to deliver complete solutions to identify market problems and ensures gaps are identified and filled.
• Manages the identification of competitive offerings in the market and their strengths and weaknesses. Prioritizes the presence and relative importance of key product deliverables.
• Determines the methodology to quantify market analysis to look at internal measurements and product performance to determine how the product impacts the Company operations including product life cycle, quality, technical support, marketing programs and sales support.
• Oversees the creation of product roadmaps to illustrate the vision for the product. Plans product solutions that describe the ideal or stereotypical users that represent the programming targets.
• Ensures the creation of scenarios to describe market problems and illustrate why product features/requirements are necessary.
• Develops marketing programs to move buyers through the buying process.
• Directs market research projects and recommends methods for growing existing markets and developing opportunities for customer products and services.
• Consults and advises top management on the marketing initiatives related to major Company activities.
• Studies, analyzes and reports on quality of service, customer attitudes, economic conditions and government controls with respect to their effect on sales of existing or proposed products and services. Collaborates with business lines in establishing new services and products.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in creating and using conceptual frameworks to structure the develop insights into the consumer; as a result, demonstrates a high level of analytical rigor in formulation of product insights.
• Ensures all products are in compliance and meet all regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below.
• 7-10 years related experience required
• Demonstrated experience and success in Customer Insights & product design in a digital realm preferred
• Proven senior management leadership skills to lead a department of product development experts and consultants
• Ability to develop and drive product strategies throughout the organization
• Comprehensive knowledge of the design, development, implementation and profitability of product development and marketing in a financial/banking environment required
• Superb communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with ability to effectively communicate with executive management
• Proven ability to build strong collaborative business relationships
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and apply skills to exercise influence over others decisions without express authority and influence mass change management
• Experience in leading project management and delivering on time and within budget
• Proven experience in product pricing, financial statements and ensuring budget targets are met or exceeded
Mon - Fri
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.