Senior Financial Analyst - Strategic Cost Management
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 15 Nov 18
Provide financial management support to the corporation through comprehensive financial and business analysis of the assigned business areas. The position is responsible for detailed financial, business, and strategic analysis, data mining, and spreadsheet modelling in support of the department's responsibilities for budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
Responsibilities will include significant support of the monthly accounting close process as well as the development and analysis of both short and long-term budget. The role will be also accountable for the successful execution of multiple initiatives focused on improving analytics and process efficiencies within the Strategic Cost Management area. This role will directly interact and partner with members of the Barclaycard US Executive Committee and management teams to ensure financial resources and business decisions are focused on maintaining a successful cost structure.
Ensure successful end to end financial analysis and reporting for assigned divisions:
- Lead cost related activities supporting the Accounting monthly close process, including results reporting and ensuring journal entries and accruals are recorded accurately.
- Provide accurate detailed and summary reporting as well as analysis of cost business drivers, risks & opportunities, and trends impacting business areas
- Develop, enhance, and maintain analytical tools and metrics to provide accurate and timely financial cost results, key drivers, and trends.
- Identify, scrutinize and present variances between actual results and forecast to senior management.
- Develop all related financial short-term and long-term forecasts and plans.
- Create and maintain financial models and reports, including staffing, production data, unit cost, operational metrics, etc.
Monitor and report cost reduction and business investment results:
- Track potential and realized risks and opportunities against performance
- Ensure strategic investments are aligned with business objectives and financial results are measured through appropriate cost / benefit analysis.
- Report performance against corporate wide cost reduction activities (e.g. cost challenge)
Demonstrate stakeholder management and leadership:
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders within BCUS and throughout the wider organization.
- Establish relationships and demonstrate appropriate influence with senior stakeholders to drive appropriate output.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
This role will need to have exceptional skills in dealing with all levels within the organization to drive results. This include team members (peers) to align on understanding drivers and analysis of costs to be able to create overall cost story to be able to clearly articulate all the way through team leadership, CFO and Barclays International (BI) Cost Management team.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.