Senior Control Analyst- Strategic Analytics
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
Customer Experience & Strategic Analytics This newly created business area is responsible for managing Customer Experience & Strategic Analytics across all of the US Credit Card Division of Barclays. Strategic Analytics champions the company's ambitious growth agenda by utilizing data and advanced analytics and converting it into actionable energy. The Customer Experience area champions initiatives to improve and exceed expectations for our customers.
As a member of the Strategic Analytics Control & Regulatory Team, the individual will be responsible for ensuring the Strategic Analytics Team complies and exceeds all internal / external control and regulatory requirements. In addition to control, this role also serves as the lead in completion of all internal and external model governance related items.
- Responsible for analysis supporting BCUS Strategic Analytics Model Governance (as set by the Barclays Group Risk Model Policy) with respect to the department's entire model inventory (30+ models)
- Provide support as needed for both the BCUS Strategic Analytics' 60+ member team as well as the Group Risk Model Governance teams
- Work interactively with both groups to develop create standards specific to Strategic Analytics models that ensure a consistent and accepted approach towards compliance within the more general Barclays Group Model policy.
- Create and develop any/all necessary modifications to Strategic Analytics model governance in accordance with future regulatory and Group policy changes
- Lead analysis and effort around control-related activities within Strategic Analytics ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations
- Work to promote understanding and compliance of policies and active management of all Strategic Analytics' activities' controls
- Assist Team lead as necessary on key initiatives with regulators (FDIC, Federal Reserve Bank, PRA) and boards when necessary (Barclays Bank Delaware Board, International Holding Company Board, and Barclays Board)
- Create and refine any/all necessary modifications to Strategic Analytics control policies in accordance with any future regulatory and/or internal policy changes as needed
- Assist in key initiatives supporting the overall strategic mission of Strategic Analytics including other items such as Remote team management primary contact, Vendor management and Cross-team colleague engagement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative).
- 2-3 years of financial services experience with progressive responsibilities over that period
- SAS/SQL or related analytical coding experience
- Experience in process flows, control assessments or agreed-upon procedure work
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Master's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative). Machine Learning and/or Big Data related experience.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.