- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
SVP, Product Manager, Citi/AAdvantage Executive & Platinum
SVP, Product Manager, Citi/AAdvantage Executive & Platinum
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Other Location: United States,New York,Long Island City
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18065201
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards are a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
With a pre-eminent global brand and distribution, Citi Cards maintains a leadership position in the credit card industry by delivering innovative products, advanced services, and payment systems through strong partnerships and dedicated employees who are committed to excellence.
Attracting market-leading talent is a priority at Citi Cards N.A., and the combination of financial strength and broad product scope provides rewarding opportunities for outstanding professionals to excel in a dynamic organization.
Citi Cards is seeking a passionate, strategic, and entrepreneurial individual to lead Product Management for the Citi / American Airlines Executive and Platinum portfolios. The Citi/AAdvantage card portfolio plays a dominant role, combining the strengths of the world's largest airline and the world's largest credit card issuer.
This position (SVP - Product Manager, Citi/AAdvantage Executive & Platinum Portfolios) will lead a small team, collaborating closely with our partners, to develop, and execute a differentiated, and customer-centric, product vision and strategy. In addition, they will also serve on the Joint Operating Committee, as a critical leader managing the partnership with American Airlines. He/she will report to the Director (and Program Manager) of the Citi/AA Product Team and will be a member of the extended Citi / AAdvantage leadership team. We seek a leader with a passion and track record for innovation and creativity, out of the box thinking, with exceptional collaborative skills to lead product management in one of the oldest and most successful partnerships in the financial services industries.
Key Responsibilities Include The Following:
- Drive short and long term product vision, strategy, goal setting, and execution
- Own the customer value propositions, positioning, segmentation, pricing, targeting, channel strategies, and competitive differentiation to achieve top-of-wallet status
- Customer and competitor market research and developing a product innovation roadmap
- Own and be accountable for acquisition targets, product financial performance (P&L), revenue performance, and expense management goals; oversee identification and execution of opportunities and gaps to business plans
- Own day to day product management, including product delivery, customer experience, and customer communications strategy; help the cross-functional team prioritize, negotiate, and remove obstacles to achieve business results
- Partner with Acquisition team to develop acquisition channel strategies
- Collaborate with support functions to leverage critical insights (consumer behavior, competitive insights, credit, profitability dynamics, etc.) and analytics (experimental design) to optimize acquisition economics and promotional spend effectiveness
- Identify new segments of and potential targeting strategies for new card prospects working closely with internal teams and American Airlines, sourcing and leveraging third party data where possible to enhance targeting efforts
- Work with Marketing and Advertising to develop distinctive and creative acquisition positioning and placements, and to align on creative platforms and media plans
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters/MBA degree preferred
- 8-10+ years product management and/or combined marketing experience
- Proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual who has worked with cross-functional teams to define and achieve high value business objectives
- Ability to work independently, with strong follow through and capable of owning and managing projects from end-to-end
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a strong sense of urgency
- Outstanding strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to innovate and problem solve
- Strong relationship management skills and experience with large partners/clients
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and encourage the overall growth of the Citi Cards franchise