As a Barclays Risk Group Lead, which is a part of the ECM (Existing Customer Management) team, you’ll be responsible for High Risk Accounts Management (HRAM) including Credit Limit Decrease, Emerging Risk Universe, Over Limit and Delinquent Authorization, and Payment Hold strategies. This 2nd line of defense will focus on end to end HRAM program oversight to improve and enhance risk policy and strategy for the program utilizing deep knowledge and experience in the ECM channels.
What will you be doing?
- Independently monitor credit performance to identify existing and future credit risks
- Drive quantitative analysis and provide recommendations to optimize the program
- Identify key areas of opportunities and threats in limit increase program and work with 1 line of defense to address it
- Provide insights and feedback to Limit Decrease, Overlimit, Pay Hold, and Emerging Risk Universe strategy in order to optimize and enhance the program performance
- Working with the various stakeholders, such as first line of defense analytics team, Governance, Regulators, Strategy implementation team, Legal and Compliance
- Lead a team of analysts in performing analytics for HRAM strategies and portfolio analytics
- Check and challenge strategy proposals formulated by 1LOD to ensure they are sound and meet the hurdles
- Formulate the risk oversight framework for programs to ensure that strategy development is in compliance with the policy, mandates and risk appetite
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive analytical or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline required (ex. Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- Extensive Risk Policy and strategy experience
- Prior management experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Graduate studies, Masters or PhD preferred
- Proficiency with analytical software (e.g. SAS), SQL tools (e.g., Oracle), Unix platforms, Knowledge Seeker, and MS Office
- Project management skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.