Regulatory Reporting Analytics Associate - DEL
Description About this role
GAAPS | Associate Regulatory Reporting Analytics | Wilmington About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $8 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
As a accounting and reporting professional focused on delivering financial regulatory reports, responsibilities include: analyzing data sets with in Aladdin and accounting service providers, understanding and enhancing controls ensuring accuracy of data delivered to investors and regulators, and implementing tactical technology solutions helping reporting workflow. In addition, the role ensures data being reported is aligned with relevant regulatory and accounting standards. Providing critical information to investors allows them to make better decisions concerning their financial well-being and this role is on the front line ensuring investors get this information.
- Analyze and improve performance of current reporting applications and related operational workflows, including implementation of new workflow tools;
- Enhance accounting data within financial regulatory reports to ensure compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, and other accounting standards
- Demonstrate business intelligence and big data analysis to analyze reporting trends to optimize and improve the existing financial reporting process;
- Understand the complexities of financial regulatory reports including financial documents and other key areas;
- Assist with the automation of key regulatory filings such as SEC Form N-PORTin the US and AIFMD reporting in the EU;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple internal and external partners;
- Be a self-starter and work with minimal direct supervision in a team environment.
- A passion for data analytics and enhancing technology solutions with a "Student of Markets and Technology" attitude
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Economics, Business Administration or Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting or financial services accounting and administration.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS accounting standards
- Basic knowledge of software development standard methodologies (analysis, design, development, testing) and in relational database development and at least one NoSQL Database (e.g. Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) is preferred
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team-environment, multi-tasking, flexibility skills are a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to produces accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections;
- Understands common business and financial terminology including how organizations operate, challenge, and grow;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including ability to clearly articulate results of financial analyses as wells as issues to senior management and the auditors;
- Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those goals. (Drive, Determination and Execution);
- Works effectively to plan and prioritize responsibilities including ongoing and ad hoc projects simultaneously;
- Develops practical and pragmatic solutions to problem solving;
- Effectively plans, implements, and develops a focused approach to projects;
- Builds working partnerships and improves collaboration in the workplace;
- Supplies fresh ideas using structured thinking by reevaluating existing approaches and processes;
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.