- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Overall purpose of role: The Reconciliation Analyst is a research staff agent who is required to be a subject matter expert in all the following: * Clearing of all General Ledger accounts on a daily basis. * Completing research of all outstanding non-cleared items in General Ledger accounts on a daily basis. * Oversight of Consumer Card, Business Card, Retail Deposit and Consumer Loan General Ledgers and Proofs.
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Excel
- Daily/Month/ /Year-End Close - Prepare all required journal entries and schedules within the required time frame including highly complex transactions
- Subject Matter Experts in Reconciler Procedures and Policies
- Responsibilities are governed by both policy and regulatory requirements
- Account Analysis and Reconciliation - Effectively analyze and manage the reconcilement of balance sheet accounts and resolve any reconciling issues in a timely basis.
- Timely and accurate completion of proofs relating to payments, association, settlement, and balance transfers, convenience checks, credit balance refunds.
- Oversight of business card settlement functions completed by TSYS Managed Services.
- Oversight of Retail Deposits settlement functions completed by FIS.
- Posting general ledger (G/L) journal entries in PeopleSoft.
- Ad Hoc Requests - Fulfill all requests from members within the Finance department, other departments and parent as needed.
- Maintenance of G/L processing tables within TSYS TS2.
- Processing cardholder adjustments via TSYS TS2.
- Printing of PeopleSoft reports and DDA statements.
- Timely and accurate completion of G/L and DDA reconciliations.
- Initiation of wire transfers, ACH and bank account transfers.
- Creation of highly organized work records capable of passing multiple internal/external audits.
- Partners with external areas on a routine basis including the Finance team in Wilmington, Collections, Fraud and Disputes.
- Receives significant guidance from policy and procedure.
- Can exercise some judgment in carrying out routine assignments with guidelines.
- Receives specific instructions on unusual situations or matters that depart from established procedures.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
o Work closely with internal and external customers, business partners, entities, etc.
o Assist colleagues with any questions or problems they may have.
o Works well with all levels of colleagues and management through daily interactions.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
o Ensure all responsibilities are completed in accordance with established policies.
o Ensure that deadlines are met throughout the month.
o Support process improvement initiatives.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- 3-5 years with knowledge of credit card processing.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years of experience utilizing a very high proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 4 or more years of bank operations experience specializing in any of the following: general ledger systems, settlement, reconcilement, check research and investigations / adjustments.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a cross functional team.
- Ability to handle a variety of functions and to meet daily deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of bank systems, procedures, and regulations.
- No form of active documented counseling
- Knowledge of accounting (i.e. General Ledger reconcilement).
- Energetic; able to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment and to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills and excellent judgment, professionalism, leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; able to deliver feedback effectively and express thoughts concisely
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.